Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from Alabama who is familiar with the DMV Vintage Vehicle Registration Tag Plates could they advise me of the best method of getting another Tag plate to match the one I have now (the Vintage Vehicle plates are issued for lifetime). In New Zealand, we can register any combination of numbers not previously used by the NZ Car Registration process as a personalized plate, and in this case, I have used the Alabama tag plate as the NZ plate number, but I only have one plate which came with the car. What's the process I need to go through to get another identical tag plate?

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,457 Posts
Unfortunately Alabama only issues one plate and will not issue duplicate plates. If you have a damaged one they will issue a new plate with new plate number. They will only issue one with the same number/letters if it is a personalized plate. Maybe you can get a personalized plate from Alabama and get a duplicate?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Unfortunately Alabama only issues one plate and will not issue duplicate plates. If you have a damaged one they will issue a new plate with new plate number. They will only issue one with the same number/letters if it is a personalized plate. Maybe you can get a personalized plate from Alabama and get a duplicate?
Yep! That's the way we roll here in the Deep South! :anim_25:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts