Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong ,but I thought all 55 Nomads are Bel Airs? I looked on a parts site and they had a listing for 55 chevy Nomad BelAir and a 55 chevy Nomad base. What with that?!? So, am I wrong? Did they have a 55 Nomad that was a non-BelAir? I've seen a lot of 55 Nomads without eyebrows. Were they taken off or is it an option?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eyebrows are a personal choice, I guess. I really like them, but thats me. The eyebrows I have on my Nomad aren't the best. I had to resurrect them, sorta modify them. Most of the studs they had soldered on the back were coming off. The drivers side where the brow and spear meet had a clump of JB Weld on it and the spear had a 1 " gap at the brow. Welded studs on a formed piece of sheet metal and applied body panel adhesive to attach it .Looks 100% better,its not perfect, its just a driver.

·
Registered
334 Posts
We have a complete set, eyebrows, re-chromed door and fender pieces for $3000.00 dollars. the only response we have gotten is we are crazy, too high. We got one fender piece from madmook for 500.00 that needed rechromed and stud repair, plus rechroming the other 3 pieces for $2200.00 plus figure core cost on the eyebrows (which are nice) and the 3 other pieces we had. 2 shipping charges @ $75.00 per trip we are selling the set ( with an extra broken right fender piece ) for $150.00 we just hoped someone would use these. people are paying $4500.00 for repops? have been considering building a couch out of some extra 55 front end parts we have lying around, didn't really want to cut these up but no one seems to think its a good buy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.