Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted last week I was going to try to find an old salvage yard that was suppose to have closed in the 60's. Never found it, but I did rememeber an old salvage yard I use to see off the road about ten miles out of town. This really wasn't a salvage yard in name, just a guy who has been buying old "Junkers" since the fifties. I just had about ten minutes to look around and didn't get that far into what looks like about 50 acres of vehicles. I am sure there are literally hundreds of vehicles in there, ranging from the 30's to the early 70's. I don't even know what most of these are but I am sure some will be recognizable to members of this site. Below is a link to the photo gallery where I uploaded them. Also to wet your apetite I will paste the Belair photo I took there. It was originally red inside and out.

Steve from Arkansas

http://www.trifive.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=77&pos=0

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This place is on Hwy 7, north of I-40 exit 81, just outside of the Russellville city limits. Not a business, just a man's "playground" as Chevman57 put it.

Steve

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Will he sell me that entire 57 in that pic? I'm dyin to get a Tri Five!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Thanks for the trip through the field! Looks like some potential in there...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try and get his phone number and talk to him in the week ahead. Watch this post and I will add to it when I have more information.

Steve In Arkansas

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have tried several times to catch the owner of all these old vehicles in but keep missing him. He has a ocean Blue color 49 Chevy for sale out front of his place right now. Exterior looks pretty good but mechanical condition is unknown and I didn't look inside at the interior. Will keep trying to contact him. Sorry for the delay.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts