Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm close to being done with the sanding of the slick sand. I have found a few low spots which I am fixing as I go from panel to panel. My questions is. Do I spray on a coat of K2 primer, block it again, then
spray another final coat and wet sand for the last time before paint? Thanks

·
Registered
38,755 Posts
As a general statement, yes. Whether you wet or dry sand is a matter of choice.

Your blocking on the Slick Sand should be done with 120 grit, at most 180. When you spray the primer surfacer and sand it, you are wanting to get the 120 scratches out. Block the primer surfacer with progressively finer paper, ending at 400 or more usually 600 grit. You may also want to spray a sealer coat over the final sanded surface. Usually the sealer is reduced epoxy primer or reduced primer surfacer, though there are other products you can use. Watch for compatibility with you top coat. You don't sand the sealer coat, you just start spraying base coat or single stage once the sealer flashes.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'm close to being done with the sanding of the slick sand. I have found a few low spots which I am fixing as I go from panel to panel. My questions is. Do I spray on a coat of K2 primer, block it again, then
spray another final coat and wet sand for the last time before paint? Thanks
You're moving right along!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.