Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a 5 year plus build doing all the work myself, except the paint.
I did not want anything crazy just a clean rust free driver that my wife could drive for the grocery getter and sat cruise.

Bought just a shell at an auction so it has been fun finding all the pieces
:D

Billet Specialities 7-17 and 8-17 wheels, 9" rear diff, 700r4 with lock up conv.

Griffin Rad, Vintage air Cond, Button Head S.S fasteners used were practicle.

350 ,with vintage air front runner serpentine system,original firewall just cleaned up with no wires. Started it up Yesterday:happy0030:

I have not finished the interior yet,but all is ready the good Folks at Ciadella Interiors did the Carpets and Panels,great service.

'Fat Man Front Clip '

I still have lots of work but I can actually see the light:scared0016:

Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
wife could drive for the grocery getter

That'll definitely bring home the groceries. :tu Nice job Gary. :congrats:

7,080 Posts
A DRIVER (YEA)!!!!!!!!!!! that looks like that and you did it yourself and your wife wants to drive it. You are a very talented and blessed man. Hat's off to you. That just about covers all the bases. Now just enjoy, thanks for sharing. :congrats::congrats: Lloyd

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Gary, that turned out to be one awsome grocery getter, very nice clean, congrats on finishin' her up and a job well done, she's a beaut !! BDR

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks !! even though I do not post alot this site and the other always gives me a source of motivation and support. I guess that sounds a little corney:cool: Our winter is comming fast up here, hope to get some bugs out before the white stuff comes:eek:

I have other pics in my profile.

All The Best !!
Gary

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Really Nice!

Beautiful work Gary. If your wife doesn't want to get the groceries for you in that beauty I will. :) Very nice work! :tu JIM.

68,758 Posts
beautiful and great work gary. :five: for the wife to get groceries, got to remember to use that line when i get my 57. :D

·
Registered
784 Posts
Gary, what an awesome job you did on that car!!! Of course you'll tell your wife to park a quarter mile away from any stray rolling carriage when she gets the groceries!
You'll also have to educate her to every little detail about that car so when people ask her " what's it got in it?" she can list about a hundred thing about the car. I have a feeling she's gonna like doing that so much she'll be going to the grocery store every day!!
You'll know somethings up when she starts saying things like" Oh my, now how did I forget to get bread when I was at the grocery store just yesterday?...Gary, I'm taking the Chevy, be right back dear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts