Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had to go to Reno this morning to pick up my wife and son from the airport from there week long visit to grandmas house.

So i called up Ron (ron55) and met him early before my wife's flight arrived in Reno for breakfast and he had this nice little surprise for me.....:)

It is the February 1957 edition of Car Life magazine, and has all the comparative ratings of all the new '57 arrivals and consumer analysis of each new car.

The magazine is almost just as perfect as if i bought it from the news stand yesterday :tu

Needles to say i will be storing it in a plastic bag to try and preserve it as much as possible..

Thanks again Ron, you made my day buddy.... :D

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
very nice of him. :tu

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
That's cool gift for you Rick! Interesting color scheme in that coupe on the third page. :)

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
So i had to go to Reno this morning to pick up my wife and son from the airport from there week long visit to grandmas house.

So i called up Ron (ron55) and met him early before my wife's flight arrived in Reno for breakfast and he had this nice little surprise for me.....:)

It is the February 1957 edition of Car Life magazine, and has all the comparative ratings of all the new '57 arrivals and consumer analysis of each new car.

The magazine is almost just as perfect as if i bought it from the news stand yesterday :tu

Needles to say i will be storing it in a plastic bag to try and preserve it as much as possible..

Thanks again Ron, you made my day buddy.... :D

Rick, enjoy the magazine. It was good to finally get together after all the times we tried. Always good to shoot the bull with a Trifive buddy. Ron

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
:tu:tu

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts
Neat pic here of a car that never was:

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Neat pic here of a car that never was:

Hey Pops!!!

I FINALLY just sat down and read the article itself, of course it does not say anything about the car in question, but i would assume you are saying it is a pic of a car that never was because the car has 150 trim with a 2 dr hard top?

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Hey Pops!!!

I FINALLY just sat down and read the article itself, of course it does not say anything about the car in question, but i would assume you are saying it is a pic of a car that never was because the car has 150 trim with a 2 dr hard top?

Rick
Nope. It's just a pre-production set-up and photo, before the final stylings for the year were determined. It's been published elsewhere – I think also in 'The Hot One'.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
That is what this site is all about. A truly amazing bunch of guys there for others who share the same passion. I love being a part of it all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts