Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
68,758 Posts
only found 199, oh well. :reddy:.......................just beautiful work, will be looking forward to more pics ad updates. nice job :five:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey mike, not shaved hinges..... no hinges this car has had the liftgate 1 pieced using a custom bracket that bolts the liftgate to the tailgate if you look in the inside interior corner you can see the covers for the electric rams that open the rear hatch with a remote control. pretty cool!!! keep lookin!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HA HA, trying to make it sound like it wasnt that big of a job, here is what we started with after having it acid dipped,.... thanks,... Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Your imagination is the only thing that sets your limits. Nice work with the 55.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
there is zero fiberglass in this car all of the console, rear seat area, and dash is made from 18 gauge steel, the guy that fabricated the metal used a metal shrinker/stretcher and an english wheel and sheetmetal break.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Wow!

I couldn't find 200 but the ones I could find are a knockout! I was impressed thinking the custom contoured stuff was fiberglass. Now that I see its metal....I'm blown away! What nice work! :tu JIM.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
there is zero fiberglass in this car all of the console, rear seat area, and dash is made from 18 gauge steel, the guy that fabricated the metal used a metal shrinker/stretcher and an english wheel and sheetmetal break.
WOW. Now that is excellent work. :tu :tu

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
the top of hood, we had the center cut out to remove the stock bulkier body line, and had a much slighter body line put in the center in which matches the body crease installed on the top of the fenders also, this was english wheel city as the guy that did this is very good with it, the underside is finished smooth as not to detect any body work,notice the re-enforcement added on the side edges to add strength this hood operates on electric rams and opens with a remote control. the radiator cover has a pus button spring /magnet latch to access the radiator cap, and the firewall was recessed to clear the 383 tri-power mill that is going in it. the headlight bezels are stripped brass plated with the side moulding tip formed and soldered onto it then show chromed to match the custom chrome that runs back to the taillights with a little drop then returns back up the fenders had the stock boyline removed and had a flat side to make the car smoother and less cluttered so the custom chrome will appear cleaner.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 245 Posts