Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard thru a friend that he finds a Corvette for sale and tells me about it. It's a great deal. So, I ask him to forward it on to me if he decides to pass on it. A week later he does:

A 1969 Corvette convertible, 350, 4 speed, matching numbers, black. Runs and drives, 20 footer. Needs paint. New original vinyl interior. And it's on 20 inch wheels. Also has the original rallys to go along. $3000 with the 20's, $2500 without. I'll take it!

So, I call the seller and it all checks out. EXCEPT it's a 1974....
Thanks, sir. I'll pass.

So... If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Thanks for allowing me to vent....

:bowtieb:

J

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it's correct. $2500. But I have no interest in a 74. It's a good price anyway. I have enough cars and projects, but a 69 at that price woulda been too good to pass up. And I woulda grabbed it up.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
They are worth it TJ ...but not desirable..at least not around here....see them all the time for that kind of money.... :)

While 73 and newer are not that desireable being a convertible changes the picture a bit, unless it's a total pice of junk $2500 is a great deal.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Post up how we can get hold of the guy, that won't last long at that price. If you do, I'll transfer it over to the Vette Forum, I guaratee someone will jump on it.
I'm doing a '70 I bought a few months back, and put the '55 on hold because I really want to do it right and I have so many custom things I want to do. I'll finish the vette and go back to the '55

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
While 73 and newer are not that desireable being a convertible changes the picture a bit, unless it's a total pice of junk $2500 is a great deal.
That's what I'm sayin,,,Ill drive to Ohio for that price,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm a member on the Vette forum. I'll contact the seller again and see if he minds that I post it for sale for him here and on there. He hasn't advertised it anywhere and I was offered the deal through a mutual friend. It's a good price, but unlike the popular opinion on this site, a '74 isn't rare to find in that price range in southwestern Ohio. I already have a '70, and was only interested in an older one than it. Besides, it would only be taking money away from my '56 Bel Air project anyway. And it's too important to me to buy this Vette.

J

1 - 20 of 20 Posts