Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
progress has been pretty slow on the ol' heap, but after attending the Cal. hot rod reunion I think I'm motivated to get sumthin' done! After not qualifying our funny car I had a chance to check out some of the gassers there, some pretty cool stuff for sure. Got the front end hinged on a couple of our old rods from the race car with some temporary brackets. all the aluminum work is just sort of rough fit for now as the body will come off at some point to paint the chassis. Still got a looong way ro go but here's a few pics. Can post some more if anybody wants.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awesome, man. Looking forwar to more pics.
Bump spot was a bitch at ChRR, a few buddies of mine was trying with the Tre Kronor F/C but to no help.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
It's coming along real nice... Later, Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
D/Gas, the front end and trunk lid are from VFN fiberglass in Illinois.
They seem to be good quality and fit nice.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Now, that's the way to build a gasser... Very freakin' cool!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, we got the body off the chassis and dropped off at Rick the painters' shop. I shot the frame with semi gloss black rustoleom, got the front end installed and the motor in. Dana 60 is out getting put together. Got my swap meet wheels polished, turned out pretty nice. Should have the rear end back next week and actually have a rolling chassis finally! Hey, how come nobody warned me how much work this was gonna be? LOL

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts