Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I have the ram horn manifolds installed now. Had them surfaced, blasted and I painted them and mounted them without gaskets. So far so good there.

The driver's side manifold has the alternator bracket cast into the manifold, and it's side mount. The holes in the manifold alternator cast bracket won't line up with my alternator mounting and pivot bracket. I have a chrome after-market alternator and it's heavy. The bracket I have is the one that was used when it had headers on it.

Does anyone know a company or someone who makes a bracket that will bolt to the manifold that the alternator will then bolt to? Been searching the net, not seeing much. Ones I see are for ram horns without the alternator mount cast into the manifold.

This is on '57 2-door hardtop with a 327, Saginaw power steering pump and a CPP 500 steering box.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. Got to think that I'm not the only one that's ever had this issue. :)

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Gents,

I have the ram horn manifolds installed now. Had them surfaced, blasted and I painted them and mounted them without gaskets. So far so good there.

The driver's side manifold has the alternator bracket cast into the manifold, and it's side mount. The holes in the manifold alternator cast bracket won't line up with my alternator mounting and pivot bracket. I have a chrome after-market alternator and it's heavy. The bracket I have is the one that was used when it had headers on it.

Does anyone know a company or someone who makes a bracket that will bolt to the manifold that the alternator will then bolt to? Been searching the net, not seeing much. Ones I see are for ram horns without the alternator mount cast into the manifold.

This is on '57 2-door hardtop with a 327, Saginaw power steering pump and a CPP 500 steering box.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. Got to think that I'm not the only one that's ever had this issue. :)
The ramshorn manifolds only have the bolt holes. The chrome alternator bracket needs to have the front hole enlarged so it will line up with the manifold holes. A better choice and what I did was to get a stock 68 camaro v/8 alternator bracket. I still needed to enlarge the front hole(ovaled it) so it would line up with the stock 57 ramshorn manifold. The 68 camaro bracket will also allow more adjustment of the alternator so the belt will fit on before pulling out the alternator to adjust belt tension.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Gents,

They repro the 68 camaro bracket Look on ebay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.