Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No dash lights. i know there has to be a way , or a safe way to rewire the dash lights to fix this problem but don't know how.i skipped school the day we covered wiring. anyone running a single wire alternator. should have bought a 3 way but its late for that.Emory

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,022 Posts
No dash lights. i know there has to be a way , or a safe way to rewire the dash lights to fix this problem but don't know how.i skipped school the day we covered wiring. anyone running a single wire alternator. should have bought a 3 way but its late for that.Emory
Do you mean no instrument lights or no "gen" light?
Just connect the brown wire from the "gen" light to the #1 terminal of the alternator (left terminal looking at back of alternator). There is probably a rubber or plastic cover over the small terminals of the one wire. The small brown wire is the one that originally connected to the generator. Most 1 wire alternators will operate the "gen" light.

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
The dash lights are a grey wire which attaches to the rehostat on the light switch. Quite often the rehostat is bad. You can hook that wire to another grey termnal and you will have dash lights, they just will not dim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts