Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Anyone have any experience with Smokey Road Rod Shop's Aluminum Bed alternative? I recently just stumbled onto them on youtube while thinking about finishing my bed, and they seem to look great and if the durability is what they say, seems like a good option. I've been driving around for a few years without any bedwood and this seems like a quick and fairly painless way to get what appears to be a pretty high quality and good looking bed installed with a lot less fuss than actual wood.

Thanks,
PW

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think they look great, way less grief than real wood. That being said, I still prefer real wood, there's nothing like it. It's a matter of personal preference, I prefer wood, I also prefer to leave the butterfly window in, can't stand louvers, and think the stock bumper looks 100% better than a roll pan. Lol. Everyone has their own vision, and it's great that these are available for people that prefer them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have been looking at these beds for a while now and believe I am going this way. Probably next April. I like..:driver:

·
Administrator
49,708 Posts
There is a local guy with a 58 GMC and he has the plastic type decking used on boat docks and decks in his bed. It looks good and stands up to the elements fine. Just another alternative.
Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts