Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a set of aluminum slots, 15X7, that i really have no use for. i`d like to clean them up, to sell, i think. if they come out good, i don`t know. anyway, there is ever so slight pitting. i used MOTHER`S , "billit", and it removed alot. but is there anything, i little more aggressive?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use a product called Nevr Dull
Its a wadding type polish , apply , let dry to a haze and then buff off using a micro fibre cloth
Not sure how it will do on pitted surfaces but definitely worth a try
Ontario55

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know what you mean. i`ve used it for years. i need something more aggressive. but thanx.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a product that I use by Meguiars called Mirror Glaze #2 , Fine cut cleaner , part # M0216C
I've used it as a cleaner on my bumpers and then I put a wax on them
Its actually for painted surfaces but it works well when used sparingly on bumpers
Try it on a small spot and see if it works or call Meguiars and see what they think of using it on your application
Ontario55

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Sand them with as coarse as you need to get the pitting and then finer and finer, 1000 or 1500 and then polish with what ever. Allot of work but they will look new.
Jim

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, no, i don`t want to sand it. they have a polished finished finsishedf. just a hair , omly a hair pitting. thanx, though.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
If you have pitting you will be sanding, sorry.
Jim

·
Registered
51 Posts
easypeacy....

The best (and easiest ) aluminum polish I have ever used is called MFX. I buy this from my Volvo truck dealer here in Canada and use it on my 22.5 truck wheels as well as my Torque thrust2's as well..or any stainless on the 55 too.Just follow the instructions on the bottle...Good luck.Dan

·
Registered
176 Posts
aluminum polish

Lowes sells an aluminum polish for diamond plate truck tool boxes, it is more agressive, follow up with mothers and then corn starch on a cloth ( the corn starch takes the greasy black stuff off and makes it look like chrome ) try it you will like it. corn starch or baby powder works well on any aluminum after using any polish makes it shine more ( old school ):anim_25:

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I like Wenol. I have been using it for a long time and find that it cuts well and polishes to a really nice shine.

http://www.wenolit.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought a new set of aluminum rims and they came with cleaning instructions. saying the aluminum is so soft never wipe dirt always wash it off with water or windex. then the neat part was for final polish use cooking flour that white powder you throw down to roll out cookie dough.im not a cook. its did great for me,i use my air compressor to blow everything off as i polish. i took a old set of aluminum rims and used the mothers with drill polish ball kit to bring the shine back then finish with the cooking flour.always use microfiber towls only.there cheap through harbor frieght.its all those lite scratches that make soft surfaces dull.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have tried most polishes but have not found anything better than "White diamond" do a web search to find it I don't thing You will be dissappointed!!
I used it on My new Demon carb came out like a mirror, also makes stainless really shine!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts