Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I had a guy wanting to trade a nice '55 Nomad for my '55 convertible.

His car was a nice car with a pretty good looking paint job. It had lots of goodies on it and was a nice cruiser.

My convertible has come a long ways but it is still in the later project stages.
Even though I want a car to drive soon, I just couldn't trade it. I know every inch of my car and the paint and panels are super straight and I'm very happy with how my car is progressing.

Am I nuts for not trading for a nice running/driving car?
I couldn't believe it when my wife didn't want me to trade, either....

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
you know what you have and didn't want to do it. I think you answered you own question. :tu

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,017 Posts
Since you have other tri-5's with a roof, I would keep the topless one too. :)

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Since you have other tri-5's with a roof, I would keep the topless one too. :)
I like calling it topless. :)
Here's what hit me....As much as I like wagons, I just can't see one being as fun as the "topless" car.

What I don't have is a running car and that is getting a little boring..:boring:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Your not crazy! Your getting close on this car and you do know everything about it. Then you wouldn't match Stella car!!

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I do feel your pain when you don't have a car to drive. I was that way for some time. Get one going and never be without a driver at all times no matter what you are working on.

7,082 Posts
Nomads are really nice, but of course he wanted to trade for your convertible.
I could never build 2 or 3. I would sell the others and put that money on the Convertible so you can enjoy it. I have enjoyed the last 5 months tons more than the last 35 years mine sat in the garage. If it ain't rainin, I'll drive a Real Car. It just feels sooooooo good. :shakehands:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Nomads are really nice, but of course he wanted to trade for your convertible.
I could never build 2 or 3. I would sell the others and put that money on the Convertible so you can enjoy it. I have enjoyed the last 5 months tons more than the last 35 years mine sat in the garage. If it ain't rainin, I'll drive a Real Car. It just feels sooooooo good. :shakehands:
I completely understand. Planning on doing some things to mine this winter, because dont want to not be able to drive it! The weather is getting nice to drive them:)

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
All in good time.

Finish your drop top. If you feel the urge later, trade it for a Nomad with some cash money coming your way to boot.

JMO

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
No I would always keep a car I knew over someone elses and besides how many 55 convertibles are out there not that many. I have a 57 myself and it needs work but it is work I like doing!

Joebowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I would never trade away what I ready have in hand...but that is just me.

Now, if they are both up for grabs at the same time, and you had to decide, I'd go Nomad if it was a '56 (have to think about my pups) but to trade a rag top that I would already have had worked on...nope...

You did OK in my book...and I have no trifive yet, so maybe I shouldn't even be speaking :sign0020:

·
Administrator
49,472 Posts
Geoff i don`t think you made the wrong decision. I rode in a convertible with member 'tabasco" aka Louis at the tri five meet in Dallas 3yrs ago and it was a blast.
Terry

·
Registered
37,236 Posts
Depends on what you want.

If you have a solid convertible and aren't missing a lot of convertible only pieces, I'd say stick with it. If you swap, do your homework on value.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts