Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how many handgun folks we have, but is it just me or do others prefer the single action in a semi-auto handgun? I just don't enjoy the long trigger pull leading up to discharge.

·
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like wheel guns as well. I had two different Colt Pythons, a Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag and a Rugar security six. Python was top drawer to me. Smooth as any I ever fired. I have a pair of Colt Peacemakers that are single action. If I was going to use a revolver, it would be double action. I went to a semi-auto because of the added speed and higher number of rounds. I know, I know, you shouldn't need that many rounds :D . But now days trouble seems to come in packs as opposed to one at a time.

·
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, I did run a California duster over it. Don't know where that dust comes from in my garage. I reckon the same place the dust my wife cleans off the furniture around here. I may be able to take it for a spin around the neighborhood tomorrow if I get my chores done in the yard.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Didn't get anything done either, Honey-do day, 1st day wifey's had home all week, had to keep her happy.
Hope to get my '55 out tomorrow for a spin, still can't change gears, hope Grandson can come over to drive us around.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I got my license to carry last spring. I haven't bought a piece yet. In Massachusetts you need to have a Firearms ID card just to buy BB's. They wanted $100 to renew my FID. It was $100 for the License to Carry. I had to take a 1 day class and apply to my Local Police Dept., but I got my LTC. Years ago in Ma. they removed your right to bear arms. Our wonderful legislators protecting the general public from themselves.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I think I'm the only one left in South Florida without a handgun. We pass laws to put people in prison for life if they shoot someone and then we pass a law that says if you think someone is going to use force against you for an illegal reason (i.e. robbery) you can kill them legally! The problem is trying to prove that the dead guy was planning to commit a forcible felony against you!

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Guys
I was born and raised in Mass. and never owned a gun until I moved to Pa. Mass seemed to be to big a deal to acquire a permit and I at the time really did not have the need for a fire arm.
Now I liked guns of all types but just to busy to pay attention. A neighbor of mine (86 year old farmer) said my pond had musk rats in it an I should shoot them to keep them from eating my bank away. Now this was at one time a stocked pond by the county and had huge Trout in it . So I went to the local gun shop and that was maybe 20 firearms ago . I like wheel guns, semi's, and auto's and one or two hunting rifles. :eek: Now understand we have a gang that lives in the back woods and I have to keep my family safe so I keep a dozen water ballons 200 extra wide elastic bands and 5 paper airplanes with scarry faces drawn on them ready for those pesky squirrels. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts