Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone out here please verify the back spacing on these wheels for me.

I can't get a hold of anybody at ARW to verify, so I'm relying strictly on their website. The website shows us the following; that a 15x5" TTO is in fact available with a 3.2" Back Space...

Web Site PART #
VN1095561 15" x 5" 5 3.2 5x120.7
VN1095761 15" x 7" -6 3.76 5x120.7
VN10958561 15" x 8.5" -24 3.81 5x120.7

But when I have tried to order these from a couple of different dealers, I'm told they are only available in a 2.75" back space??

Has anybody here used these 15x5" TTO wheels?

If so what was the back space of your wheel?

And What size tire did you use?

Thank You!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I hope someone knows the answer too!

7,082 Posts
Sure am getting tired of supposedly good companies that don't even care enough to reply to customers questions. Not just this one, but sure happens too often these days. Might make a guy wonder what would happen if there was a problem after the sale. Sounds like they dropped the ball. Just a thought. Lloyd

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
AMR TTO - 5 Spoke INFO

Got this note back from a Dealer of American Racing Wheel (AMR) this a.m. -

"Unfortunately American Racing is no longer an independent company and you can't call American Racing anymore. They were absorbed by a distributor called Wheel Pros over 2 years ago."
(Like Lloyd, My interpretation of this is... "You Are *ucked" should you have any issues after the sale!)

I contacted Summit Racing earlier in the week, and they replied back this a.m. also. Their investigation has confirmed that the Back Space for 15x5" wheel is 3.2", not the 2.75" as shown in Dealer Guides.

I would think that AMR would send all of there Dealers / Vendors an update of some sort to correct this misprint, because I got the same answer from all dealers (except Summit) that "This wheel has a 2.75" bs". It's In The Book!!"

So this is what I'm going with on my '57 Wagon.... AMR TTO 5-Spokes

15x5" Fronts - with the 3.2" BS (215/75 tire) and

15x7" Rears - with the 3.76" (235/75x15 tire)

According to the wheel calculator here on site, these should fit very nicely.

Will somebody on here, PLEASE take the time to confirm my assumption / calculations for me.

I hope this information might help someone else.

Thank You!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently wanted to get chome Toque thrust wheels and learned that only the center and spokes are chrome while the rim is pollished aluminum. Cragar SS wheels are all chrome, that is what i ordered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts