Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install a fuel press reg. What an fittings are the best, areoquip , russel , earls etc. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts

·
Registered
35,953 Posts
For the most part, there is no practical functional or appearance difference in the name brands of adapter fittings. But there are exceptions.

There is a bigger difference in the hoses and hose fittings, but this also varies with the type of hose. Also the quality or even existence of specialty products varies. Generally I stay away from Russell.

Also be sure you are buying the right product, no matter the brand, for the purpose. For instance, with power steering, stick with steel fittings.

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
Fragola Performance Systems Fuel Line Adapter Fittings has a proven track record.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
^^^ This. Fragola is used on all our "stuff"..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Call Orme Bros. In Simi Valley Ca. They will hook you up with the right stuff at a great price not just stuff at a cheap price.

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
I recently bought a used carb that came with AN fittings and line for duel feed and a main line. I took it all off and ran rubber hose. The AN fittings had too much metal and extra volume of fuel it held. With all the boiling fuel problems I've had in the past, it's a no go on my car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I recently bought a used carb that came with AN fittings and line for duel feed and a main line. I took it all off and ran rubber hose. The AN fittings had too much metal and extra volume of fuel it held. With all the boiling fuel problems I've had in the past, it's a no go on my car.
I can't speak to fuel vapor being more pronounced in metal vs. rubber fuel lines
however very few GM factory engines came with rubber fuel lines. Further they used brass or steel fittings/lines and not aluminum. Maybe its just me but the risk of fire with rubber seems greater so I'm a steel fuel line guy.
AN or Army Navy, I believe is a mil spec aviation standard from WW2. If the fittings are true AN they must meet this specification... Al

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
I can't speak to fuel vapor being more pronounced in metal vs. rubber fuel lines
however very few GM factory engines came with rubber fuel lines. Further they used brass or steel fittings/lines and not aluminum. Maybe its just me but the risk of fire with rubber seems greater so I'm a steel fuel line guy.
AN or Army Navy, I believe is a mil spec aviation standard from WW2. If the fittings are true AN they must meet this specification... Al
Aluminum conducts heat much better than rubber. Plus the T fitting was a big long piece. If vapor does occur, if it's a large volume there is more of a chance of the fuel bowl not having enough time to purge itself via the needle and seat and the vent tube. Millions and millions of cars were built with rubber fuel lines and millions still are.

I admit, I did screw up. I normally use the tougher FI hose instead of the regular hose. I might change it someday. The way most of us look after our cars, it would be pretty rare for a rubber hose to develop a crack without us seeing it before it turns into a leak. Well that goes for me anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts