Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to display my 1956 Suburban U.S. Army Signal Corps Vehicle this weekend at the Moving Viet Nam Memorial Wall while it is in Orlando this coming weekend. What an honor. I was humbled when they asked and a loss for words. Of course I said YES. I will be there all weekend long. I'll take some photos.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you ever get a chance to see the Moving Wall, don't miss it. It is a shame that there are 58000+ names listed but a great way to honor them. The Wall travels all over the country and there is no charge to see it. The volunteers setup and open 24 hours a day so people can come by and pay their respects. Go see it if you can.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike... I think it comes your way in a couple weeks. I'll see if I can find the schedule....

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hot damn! I'll look for the schedule, too. If anyone finds it we should post it so we can all take out a few moments of our time to pay our due respect.

Thanks Roger! ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if the visit was unplanned or a change in the schedule. I'll email them for an update. I take the 56 burb to many VFW events for the Vets. Since it was active duty from 56-72 it covers most of Vietnam. Many of the radios and field equipment in the back are from Vietnam. The veterans ask I they can wear the PRC-25 back-pack radio. Takes them back.... I take photos of them with the radio on and email it to them later that day. All of my gear is made to hold and touch. They built this stuff to last so you can't hurt it. I let the kids at the shows pick them up too. They really like that.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
The vets or veterans agent has to apply to get the Moving Wall to come to town. It may take 2 or 3 years to get a visit. We had organized a committee in 1998 for the first visit in August of 1999. We remained in contact with John and got it set up for the return visit in 2005. It is very humbling to be a part of the crew working there. We had set it up with a different program going on every evening. We had a night to remember our POW's, another night to honor our local veterans of all wars and it was it was exremely hard to load it on the trailer and watch it head out to the next stop on its agenda. I would help out with it again in a heartbeat.
Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts