Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to All Chevaholics, Been lurking for awhile and just this evening decided to become a member. I have two tri-fives, a '57 210 2dr Sedan owned for about 35 years. Raced it on the 1/4 mile for couple years (Old story, speed costs money, couldn't afford to go fast with wife, kids and mortgage). Pulled it off the track, rebuilt the non-original '64 Chevelle 283, stock '57 dualfour aluminum intake, with Carter WCFB's (hence the user name), Muncie 4-spd, Mr. Gasket shifter, Appliance headers, '67 GTO buckets, 3:55 single track pumpkin. Body very straight, in primer with no interior work done to speak of.

2nd tri-five is a bone stock '55 2Dr 210 wagon, inline 6 (boat anchor most likely) 3 on the tree with original underdash over-drive. Good glass all around except for missing driver's side window, original interior with divided bench in front, extra raise up back glass hatch and a VERY dented fuel tank. Rust in the front area of the rear wheel wells, wagon roof is completly smooth and no dents along with hood. Never has run since I bought it about 33 years ago for $125.

Also own a '71 Chevelle SS 350 I am working on, 350 V-8 with Carter AFB, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, "built" 700R4 trans, original style buckets and horse shoe shifter, work in progress.

Also have a '71 Chevy 1/2t long bed 4x4, restored with body, paint and interior.

Two kinds of cars/trucks on the road, "Chevrolets and all them other's"

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to give a little bit of info on myself. Just retired the end of July after 36 years with the Boeing Company, building a 35 x 50 work shop and ready to play with my cars again like I used to.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Hello Dualfours
welcome aboard
love to see some photos of that lot in the new shop !
enjoy...:)

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive Dualfours:wavey: Sounds like you have a nice fleet:D Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hello from North Carolina

Welcome, very nice intro, you won't have to look for anything to do, that's for sure. You will be busy, busy, busy and that's a good thing. I'm retired and always have something to do. Good luck on your builds. Charles :wavey:

·
Registered
67,390 Posts
:hello: hi ya and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. retired a few years ago also. life is good. :party0031:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Hello!!

:sign0016: to TriFive Dualfours!! Now that you're retired - it's time to go to work! (Except this time - doing what you want to!) - Have Fun!:wavey:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome aboard folks. For the foreseable future won't be much activity with the '57 or the '55 as I am trying to get the work shop finished. Got aways to go on it yet but making progress. As for pics, the '57 is "buried" in my too small garage and the '55 is sitting outside traped up tight to keep the body as best I can til I can move it into the shop. Then I need to figure out how to post pics. Will look into that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.