Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this from your neck of the woods....1964 Tri-power GTO Pontiac, 40k original miles, all numbers matching documented, lovely looking car, also drives like a bat out of ****.....:happy0030:

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
What part of our neck of the woods? I only ask because I have an uncle that restores and sells GTO's and GTO parts.

·
Registered
66,326 Posts
sweet ride, congrats! :04:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What part of our neck of the woods? I only ask because I have an uncle that restores and sells GTO's and GTO parts.
From across the pond, I live in the UK....I bought this car from Virginia & had it shipped over..A friend of mine (ex-pat) lives in Virgina & it was owned by his pal near bye, he owned the car for 40yrs...

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Old GOATS are cool too:happy0030: Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
I just learned something,I did not know that GTOs came w/a column shift..:confused0006:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
BTW, your right side valve cover is on backward... Left (driver side) hump goes in front, right (passenger side) hump goes to rear...

Or could be the other way around, trying to work from memory here, either way one hump goes to front and the other to the rear...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW, your right side valve cover is on backward... Left (driver side) hump goes in front, right (passenger side) hump goes to rear...

Or could be the other way around, trying to work from memory here, either way one hump goes to front and the other to the rear...
Well spotted...yes the passenger side rocker is round the wrong way, the old guy replaced the gaskets & couldn't remember which way it went round :happy0030:
I will be changing that as we speak...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Zody, great find, your will have fun tearing up the streets over there.

Gil
:happy0030:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now driving the streets in the UK.....Only 64 Goat in the UK that I'm aware of :happy0030:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts