Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice website. I used to have three 56 chevys in high school and collegge back in the 60s and am in the process of looking for a four door hardtop. Really loved the ones I had. Bought the last one in 67 for $495.00(immaculate and I bought it from the original owner). Sold it(like a dummy) in 1970 for the same amount that I bought it for. The 55 and 56 chevys were the best that Chevrolet made in my opinion.:cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts

Welcome FROM VA. got to love those shoeboxes.

I BOUGHT MY FIRST 55 FOR $100 AND THE TRANS WENT AND SOLD IT FOR $50 BACK IN 66. IF WE ONLY KNEW....DOUG

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have had 2 56 chevys and now own a 57. The last 56 I had, lived on the drag strip. This was back in the late 70's and early 80's. It had a 454.pg trans with aluminum interior. It had pinto rack& pinon steering. Got the weight down to 2850 all steel body. It was a blast to drive, 10:50 at 135 mph.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome from South Florida. It's funny how selling a car for the price we paid for it sounded like a good idea then, but in retrospect it was stupid! I did that same thing (wasn't a chevy) back in the 70s and thought I was really ripping the guy off! Sure wish I had that car now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.