Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to introduce myself and reach out to the community here. My sister-in-law recently asked me to help her with the sale of her late husband's beautiful '55 Chevy. I have bought and sold several classic cars before, but I am honestly not very familiar with the tri-fives. I'm hoping to fix that by joining this group and getting some background on these great looking cars. I wanted to ask the enthusiasts here about the best resources for valuing the car (he has pretty complete documentation on the money spent on the project) and some recommendations on the best approaches for selling the car (privately or at auction) in order to find someone who can enjoy this car as much as he did.
Thanks,
Ron in FL
(I'll try to add a few more photos, but here is one I took a few years ago at a local show. The car has been in a climate controlled storage facility since last year.)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Glad you've joined us.
Have fun browsing the site.

I wish I could help you out more with the question that you are asking.
I just bought my second tri-five this summer after selling my last one 45 yrs ago.
There are a lot of other members here that should chime in with good selling advice.

I'm not sure what people here think about selling classic cars at a commissioned showroom.
It looks like 'Gateway Classic Cars' have showrooms in Florida in the following cities:
Ft. Lauderdale
Orlando
Tampa

It looks like they sell quite a few old cars every month. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.
Just to be clear, the car is currently in storage in PA (outside Philadelphia). I am in FL as of last year. I sold most of my cars before moving here, but kept a different kind of Chevrolet to enjoy the weather in the sunshine state. :)

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Tri-five.com from New Zealand

·
Registered
66,172 Posts
hi Ron and welcome. good to have you here. put a new post in chit-chat area about the car. more info and pics will help to get some answers to value.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi Ron and welcome. good to have you here. put a new post in chit-chat area about the car. more info and pics will help to get some answers to value.
Thanks. I'm still collecting the information, but there's no doubt this was a labour of love for my brother-in-law. He finished the car only a couple years before he passed which really reinforces the message in your sig- DRIVE AND ENJOY THEM WHILE YOU WORK ON THEM, LIFE'S TOO SHORT"

·
Registered
321 Posts
Put a new post in the chit-chat area about the car. more info and pics will help to get some answers to value.
I agree with Carl's comment. This site does have a rule that only introductions and no questions can be submitted in the 'New Members Introduction' section.

You should try and get as many pictures, info, added upgrades, etc that your sister in law can provide.
Then you can repost your question about the car's value and hopefully get more responses.

There are also classic car valuation services that have representatives in most major cities that can come out and make a determination about a car's value.

You can do an Internet search on Classic Car Appraisal in Philadelphia. I'm thinking that they usually charge around $100-$250 for a detailed evaluation and a fair market quote on the value of the vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with Carl's comment. This site does have a rule that only introductions and no questions can be submitted in the 'New Members Introduction' section.

You should try and get as many pictures, info, added upgrades, etc that your sister in law can provide.
Then you can repost your question about the car's value and hopefully get more responses.

There are also classic car valuation services that have representatives in most major cities that can come out and make a determination about a car's value.

You can do an Internet search on Classic Car Appraisal in Philadelphia. I'm thinking that they usually charge around $100-$250 for a detailed evaluation and a fair market quote on the value of the vehicle.
Thanks. I spoke with her this morning and asked her to send me the photos and any other documentation she had on the '55. Once I receive that I will start a new thread in the correct section.
I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone here and I will keep you all posted.
Cheers,
Ron in FL

·
Registered
732 Posts
I just wanted to introduce myself and reach out to the community here. My sister-in-law recently asked me to help her with the sale of her late husband's beautiful '55 Chevy. I have bought and sold several classic cars before, but I am honestly not very familiar with the tri-fives. I'm hoping to fix that by joining this group and getting some background on these great looking cars. I wanted to ask the enthusiasts here about the best resources for valuing the car (he has pretty complete documentation on the money spent on the project) and some recommendations on the best approaches for selling the car (privately or at auction) in order to find someone who can enjoy this car as much as he did.
Thanks,
Ron in FL
(I'll try to add a few more photos, but here is one I took a few years ago at a local show. The car has been in a climate controlled storage facility since last year.)

View attachment 325826
Gateway Tampa is down the street from me. It is nice, AC, good place to store it. Not sure of their rates to sell, but my neighbor details the cars there...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.