Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Brian Stonebraker and I have a 1957 210 2dr wagon.

I got it in the fall of 1996. My thought at the time was "I don't have a girl friend, so I'll get my self a cool project car". I was in the Navy, I lived close to home, my parents let me keep the car at thier place, and one of my best friends was a body man. All of the keys were in place to start my project.

The first day I had it I spent the afternoon burning the tires off in my Dad's driveway then I stripped off everthing that wasn't necessary and got it ready to send out to have the body work done.
I dropped the car off with my friend at the body shop and went on a 3 month deployment to somewhere underwater in the North Atlantic all the time thinking about my car and the fun I was going to have putting it back together.

Got back and as you can guess...I met the girl of my dreams...and my friend's boss never let my friend work on it. Two months later I got it back and I wasn't pleased. The owner tried to charge me a grand more then we agreed on (saved my paperwork, I ain't no dummy) and I expected it to look better.

Fast forward...got married...broke my foot...wife pregant...got out of the Navy...moved to North Carolina...left car with Dad.

Thought about it an awful lot, but I didn't have the time, the money, or a place to keep the car. Last year I bought a house with a garage and finally got my baby down here.

So now I need help. The car sat out in the New England weather for 9 years and is in about the same shape as it was when I got it.

Here's the specs -
327 engine with 2.02 double hump heads and mildly bumpy cam
4 spd Muncie - i was told that was out of a '64 or '65 model because it has a 7/8" reverse shaft instead of a 1" shaft.
Stock rear end.
The body is complete and mostly straight. The rockers need and the rear floor needs replaced. It has the normal rust under the battery, but otherwise the body is good.

The frame is immaculate. It is amazing how little rust is on it. Especially for a car that was a daily driver until 1990.

So, for all of you who like to spread your knowledge I will be asking questions. Especially because I am not quite sure where all of the parts I took off, go back on.

I'll be talking to you,

Brian

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Welcome Brian, Thanx for serving our country in the Navy. Hope to hear more about your project as things progress. Where in NC? I'm "down east" in Winterville, NC just outside of Greenville, home of ECU. May we can get together to compare notes.

·
Administrator
49,367 Posts
Brian that is an interesting story and one that has somewhat happened to many i would guess. Welcome to the site and we will help all we can. I had one of those paint job gone bad stories myself in the early 80`s.
Terry

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome and I'd also like to thank you for your service! Ask away....we're always glad to help!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you have a good project to work on. Let's see some pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
welcome

welcome brian those 2 door wagons are great i to did 4 years active in navy in sandiego in early 90s and 4 years reserve in ky was a bm2 what can i say i love to paint hehe im working on 3 one 55 and 2 57s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Brian, Thanx for serving our country in the Navy. Hope to hear more about your project as things progress. Where in NC? I'm "down east" in Winterville, NC just outside of Greenville, home of ECU. May we can get together to compare notes.
I am not that far from you. I am in Garner, just south of Raliegh.

Here's the pics...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.