Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,new guy here.Been on Team Chevelle for about a year and I`m sure you guys are just as freindly and helpful as they are.Anyway, I`m going to look at 1955 Bel Air convertable this week and was hoping you might give me an idea on what it would be worth.The guy who has it now got it from the original owner and says it is a "barn find" 60K miles 265 with a 2 speed auto all original with 2 NOS front fenders and a butt load of parts,the motor is out on a stand all rebuilt.He`s asking 25K.I know pics would help more so when I go I am bringing my camera and post them later.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tim

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Welcome aboard Tim!!:sign0016:

Sounds like a nice find, I'm not up on prices much but someone will chime in and be able to help.

Glad you found us:D

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Welcome Tim.
No, actually, the guys on Team Chevelle are angels compared to the rowdy crowd here.
Actually- I've been to a lot of forums and Trifive .com has been, by far, the most helpful and friendly.
Yes pictures would be great, but based on what you described, sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Tim... Hello and Welcome,

A couple of thoughts, For a while these converts were going for 25 to 30k, basket cases, needing everything. I think a week or two ago I saw one go on ebay for around 13k, again, needing everything, nothing started, not running.

I think the converts are demanding the highest prices but it looks like the rough starting points have come down in price with the economy. I would look seriously at what it will take to put it back together. Does it need a lot of sheetmetal work, will you do everything yourself. etc. A rebuilt motor, may be one of your less costly parts of this build when you consider more the metal work, bodywork, and missing pieces. Your going to want to asses the frame, bright work, is it straight, how rusty, are you going back original, etc.
My guess, and I haven't seen it, but you might do just a little better than 25k.

Good luck, I'd love to be looking at a convertible project.
Gil

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi tim and welcome. good to have you here. hard to tell without pics. can check ebay to see what they are selling for. if you and the seller are happy at the end, thats what counts. :anim_25:

·
Registered
792 Posts
57 - geez brought up some good points for to think about while you look her over , cant wait to se some pics, dont forget to grab one of those magnets off your frig to check all the sheet metal.:anim_25: rick

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive Tim:shakehands: :anim_25: with the 55... Later, Dave

·
Administrator
49,951 Posts
Welcome to Tri Five Tim. Not seeing or knowing the condition of it makes it hard to say for sure. But with that said, 25k for a convertible project doesn`t sound out of the ballpark IMO.
Terry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.