Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is current project;

New project:

The wife's 96 SS goes outside, yuk. Its nice 40k garage kept original for sale 12k firm all paperwork

Too much junk never enough money or space

However for the right price the 55 will see a new home. 8.50s pump gas street legal

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Im broke as a joke but what would the right price for the 55 be?
I wouldn't go less than 32k. I got alot more than that into the tank. Speed cost money!!!
But you already know that, how fast you running nowadays?? Update, Update
Later
BobH

Added a new Induction Solutions Direct Injection haven't got to try it out yet.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I wouldn't go less than 32k. I got alot more than that into the tank. Speed cost money!!!
But you already know that, how fast you running nowadays?? Update, Update
Later
BobH

Added a new Induction Solutions Direct Injection haven't got to try it out yet.

well I just finished doing the rear suspension again( wanted it a little lower in the rear and I am now playing with a bead roller to get the trunk to look better and adding an anti roll bar to keep it level. I have been running the old NOS jet chart (250 hp = N93/F102) and I just found out about the new recommended tune ups so we will find out soon what she is gonna run.,

that Induction Solutions kit should really make a big difference. Steve is one of the best around from everything i have read and heard.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
well I just finished doing the rear suspension again( wanted it a little lower in the rear and I am now playing with a bead roller to get the trunk to look better and adding an anti roll bar to keep it level. I have been running the old NOS jet chart (250 hp = N93/F102) and I just found out about the new recommended tune ups so we will find out soon what she is gonna run.,

that Induction Solutions kit should really make a big difference. Steve is one of the best around from everything i have read and heard.
I hope your right :party0031:
Just signed for the Gainesville NHRA Unleashed, what dont you sign up??
http://nhraunleashed.com/
Careful with tune up , i read the new tune ups. What do you have for rear suspension??

·
Registered
539 Posts
I hope your right :party0031:
Just signed for the Gainesville NHRA Unleashed, what dont you sign up??
http://nhraunleashed.com/
Careful with tune up , i read the new tune ups. What do you have for rear suspension??
the rear suspension lost the bottom leaf and the sliders were relocated as they were almost bottomed out at the back of the spring. Also added QA1 single adjustable shocks. Im a little scared of those new jet combos but the pistons are thermal coated so they should be ok.
I have already signed up for pinks in bristol but the NHRA stuff might require a real tech inspection unlike the pinks events and my chassis isnt certified and I dont have an NHRA license either.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Hopefully...

with the suspension changes and the antiroll, the car will pick up 2 tenths just getting away from the "pretzel look"...:party0031:
And, maybe you won't have to use a torch on the N2O bottle!!:eek::D

·
Registered
539 Posts
with the suspension changes and the antiroll, the car will pick up 2 tenths just getting away from the "pretzel look"...:party0031:
And, maybe you won't have to use a torch on the N2O bottle!!:eek::D
Ahhh. youve seen me in action! lol! actually last time out i had the shocks on but adjusted wrong. lost 2/10 in the 60 ft from tirespin so I know the car will go 9.70's on 1 kit. hoping the antiroll bar and the lower stance will help it go even faster.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhh. youve seen me in action! lol! actually last time out i had the shocks on but adjusted wrong. lost 2/10 in the 60 ft from tirespin so I know the car will go 9.70's on 1 kit. hoping the antiroll bar and the lower stance will help it go even faster.
There are shocks on the back!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused0006: LOL
I've seen plenty of coil spring cars twist like that but cant remember a leaf spring rolling around like that. My Chevelle stock suspension use to do pull like that, fun to drive
get r Done
BobH

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the rear suspension lost the bottom leaf and the sliders were relocated as they were almost bottomed out at the back of the [/B]spring. Also added QA1 single adjustable shocks. Im a little scared of those new jet combos but the pistons are thermal coated so they should be ok.
I have already signed up for pinks in bristol but the NHRA stuff might require a real tech inspection unlike the pinks events and my chassis isnt certified and I dont have an NHRA license either.

Where did the bushing/roller sit when at rest in the slider?? center foward aft
thanks
bobh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.