Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the 55 4 door sedan back in October of 2016, the front driver side window was cracked. All the flat glass in the car is orginal date coded glass. Anyway, about a year ago now, I had a local transmission shop rebuild the cast iron powerglide. Took them about 2 months, and to make a long story short, I must have po'd someone because they slammed the door so hard the glass chipped and fell into the door. It was a small piece of glass missing but looked terrible. (They also slammed the hood down on something and cracked the hood bar). I was able to replace that with a much nicer oem piece from Bruce.

Yesterday I finally got the window replaced with date coded glass from Auto city classics. Really happy with how it installed. I did notice it was missing the rubber flap that was attached to the orginal glass. The rubber was in pristine condition, and the door itself is solid on the inside.

As a bonus, removing and re-installing the vent window yielded a functional driver's side vent window! Something I didn't have before.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
64,002 Posts
Check out your whiskers, that may be an issue for rattling glass that will break again if the door is slammed. The replacement looks good, congrats

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have new whiskers, but those looked pretty good and I left them alone. The glass doesn't really rattle in the door at all. No telling what actually cracked the glass in the first place, but I don't think it a was that. The whiskers on the rear passenger door have slipped out of the channel somewhat and need to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66,186 Posts
that is neat, love my vent windows.

Reactions: thomas.parker197
1 - 6 of 6 Posts