Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Ok, quarter milers...combo is '56 ht with aluminium headed sbc...weight??? The engine made true 500 horses # 6000 and 500 pounds torque #4400 on the superflow dyno. Wide ratio Muncie, 3.73 rear and caltracs, 27 inch tall DOT slicks. The pilot is over the top stick shifting lunatic...me that is :sign0020: so what should it run at the quarter?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
we have about the same power, i also have a wide ratio muncie, a 4.11 gear, 27" tall mickey thompson et street radials. and my 55 is about as gutted as can be, and has no bumpers. and im pretty good rowing gears on the 4 speed myself. my car weighs around 3100 with me in it and "if" the muncie doesnt scatter im hoping she runs a mid 11 in the quarter. anything more is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we have about the same power, i also have a wide ratio muncie, a 4.11 gear, 27" tall mickey thompson et street radials. and my 55 is about as gutted as can be, and has no bumpers. and im pretty good rowing gears on the 4 speed myself. my car weighs around 3100 with me in it and "if" the muncie doesnt scatter im hoping she runs a mid 11 in the quarter. anything more is just icing on the cake.

That's cool chevylane...better you to "test" that Muncie first :sign0020: what clutch you have behind your 383?

·
Registered
229 Posts
My 55 Delray weighed 3660 before I had all the interior trimmed,insulated etc.
With a tired 350,ported fuelie heads ,10:5 comp, TH700 and 4:11 gears it ran 12.8 on the 1/4. With no other changes we fitted the Dart pro 1 230 heads, it then ran 12.2. I think your gear shifts will make or break your times.
I'm guessing low 12s for you.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for your input! Low 12 would be fast enough in my book :)
Chevylane, I have thought also Zoom but with 11 inch disc. To my way of thinking you don't want super 'hard' clutch with muncie or what ever "normal" street trans. The shock loads are which breaks driveline and if clutch work as shock absorber (within reason) it can save from more expensive failures.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finn, I'll say 12.30's once you get the shift points dialed in. Good luck and have fun man.

Phil
Thanks Phil...I played with Wallace calculator yesterday and I can see that the weight is a BIG factor when it comes to 1/4 times...Btw your ´55 run awesome! you are really using all the power it makes...great combo! :tu

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.