Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering does any one sell or know of other options other than the CARDBOARD door panels??? does any one sell a plastic pvc/ version? or similar... i tried masonite like peg board materal but after all was finished it was to thick and couldnot put handles on any help

·
Administrator
66,194 Posts
There are other options, you just need to know the maximum thickness. I saw a guy use a marine style backing as he was concerned about the water.
The other thing is that the cardboard is stitched when you have the vinyl & material on the same panel.
It may pay to give Ciadella a call they may use other material.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
A lot of upholstery shops use luan plywood, 1/8" thick. It's a quality plywood.

Another choice is plastic sheet in various materials. If you have a plastic supply house locally (most big cities do), they should have something for you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
A lot of upholstery shops use luan plywood, 1/8" thick. It's a quality plywood.

Another choice is plastic sheet in various materials. If you have a plastic supply house locally (most big cities do), they should have something for you.
I used the luane to make my door panels back in the 80's on my 57 2 dr wagon, I plan on doing the same on my 4 dr wagon in the future. works good, and you can paint or polyurethane back for water resistance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
big box store

I use a fiberglass material available at home improvement stores it is white grained on one side about 1/16th thick it is for wall covering/showers glue your material/padding to the smooth side works great strong and thin, got this idea from a custom upholster in the area that is what he users about $15.00 for a 4x8 sheet

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I've been told to go the hobby stores and buy plastic sheeting, cut it to fit. Haven't done it myself, yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ABS plastic panels...about 1/8"...used to be a "roddoors" outlet R.W. & ABle...now closed....ABS panels and 3M dual lock fasteners works great!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts