Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVENTUALLY I'll be putting a radio in my car and was wondering what you guys think about a power antenna? I'm thinking of mounting it in the trunk on the passenger side. Another option would be the "hidden" antenna that goes up under the dash....or.....the typical mast-type antenna on the front fender. Thoughts? :confused0006: Pics? My wiring kit has a wire marked "power antenna" already.
Thanks Much!:blowtiedb: JIM.

This one looks affordable. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170548734701&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Attachments

·
Administrator
49,959 Posts
Jim i found on my 57 that a regular power antenna wouldn`t fit in the stock fender/kick panel location. I did find a power antenna that had a flexible shaft that worked.
Terry

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Another happy ending:five:Later, Dave

68,758 Posts
hidden or power is the way i would go. have hidden in my 56 and works fine. in the end, it will be what you want. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I did the hidden under the dash and filled the fender hole. But again its your car, do what you want, anything you do will look good on that ride.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
NE1 have input as to which brand/design of hidden works best??
Ready to do something, and need to get the wiring in.

·
Registered
187 Posts
NE1 have input as to which brand/design of hidden works best??
Ready to do something, and need to get the wiring in.

I could tell you not to get the cheapie one from ebay that is like $17, defintly get one with a name on it not chinese writing.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Wish I could find a stock repro for 29.95. funny how I didn't give an antenna a second thought until I broke it taking off fender.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) I agree with Terry. My setup is exactly like his in my '56, antenna goes up when radio is turned on and goes down when radio is turned off.
I like it there as it was the original location for the '56.

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clean look.

Jim i found on my 57 that a regular power antenna wouldn`t fit in the stock fender/kick panel location. I did find a power antenna that had a flexible shaft that worked.
Terry
Very neat, clean installation Terry. Thanks for the info. :tu JIM.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Antenna

So amny choices - its what you like, i went for teh Dakota Digital unit which we mounted up top on the front windscreen. Cant be seen behind the tinted glass and works very well. No holes is my personal preferance.

cheers

·
Administrator
49,959 Posts
Don and Terry that set up is very neat, where can get one for my 57.
Thanks
David
Guys i bought mine from JC Whitney. I found it at several places but they had the best price on it. I`ll get the name and part# for yall today.
Terry

1 - 20 of 35 Posts