Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
My Lovely bride has owned this car since she was in high school. Yep she has had this car for 45 years.

I did a full secret restoration on it 5 years ago. It had been sitting in the back shop for 16 years So I did a pan up full restoration. It is now sporting a very original looking but seriously up graded 1850 CC engine making 90 HP.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

here is the "reveal" Video

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Cool! I had the engine overhauled since you last saw my Baja. Changed carb, overhauled clutch and tranny. Added oil filter and temp gauge. Threw in a mild cam and went wiith elect ignition. I'm having the original gas tank cleaned out. The 7.5 gallon auxiliary has stranded me a couple of times. Replaced rack and pinion pump and new brakes. Cruises 65-70 beautifully, Need a tach, but all other gauges work. I'm hauling it to Pismo tomorrow. The other will stay in SoCal.
Bob
That is awesome Bob. I bet that little guy is a blast with a proper carb and ignition.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Saw a show on wheeler dealer he was restoring a VW bug, there is a place in Cali that has 95% of all parts to rebuild a VW bug from scratch, this includes bodies, panels etc etc
Yea, J Bugs is one of a handful of aftermarket distributors that carry just about any part you might need for an air cooled VW. The cars were built all over the globe and were still in production in Mexico and Brazil just a few years ago. So parts are plentiful and cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts