Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep. I’m a Trifive 66 bug combo. They sit side by side. This one came from a couple I’ve known for 30’years. I used to have a 61 custom. He and I used to work on our bugs together. Well he passed away a couple years ago. The wife (who drove it out of the shipping container in 1966) called me and told me to come and get it. I was shocked. It has 33,000 original miles. I will say the 56 and 66 equally get heads turning, but the bug is always attached to a memory or a story of someone’s childhood.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
they always said the big was going to a museum in mesquite Nevada. Although I was quite honored, I was shocked to learn it was coming my way. I’m not letting it just sit though. When I got it, I realized he put in a 3rd brake light on the rear deck. 😂 I smiled and took it off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow Pismo Beach was my old stomping ground as a kid. Have you been to oceano dunes in a while? Man it’s changed. We were there last year. We took the Jeep out. They have shrunk the area you can go in the dunes to hardly Nothing. It’s due to close in 2024 is what they’re saying. Man 13k ? That is tempting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We moved out from Colorado to Texas 20 years ago. I had a 1961 VW Bug custom. 2276 motor. I had a double transport bring it out. Well it arrived with a big V shaped crease across the roof. The transport driver said he hit a pothole on I-20. The bug came loose and hit the cross member. 15k later the Bug was never the same. They couldn’t match the paint scheme. Had some great memories of my kids helping work on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts