Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow Pismo Beach was my old stomping ground as a kid. Have you been to oceano dunes in a while? Man it’s changed. We were there last year. We took the Jeep out. They have shrunk the area you can go in the dunes to hardly Nothing. It’s due to close in 2024 is what they’re saying. Man 13k ? That is tempting.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wow Pismo Beach was my old stomping ground as a kid. Have you been to oceano dunes in a while? Man it’s changed. We were there last year. We took the Jeep out. They have shrunk the area you can go in the dunes to hardly Nothing. It’s due to close in 2024 is what they’re saying. Man 13k ? That is tempting.
I may be going to the dunes this morning. Yes, those living in the the new home developments behind the dunes are making a lot of noise about the noise and dust. As you know the dunes were there way before they started selling homes in the hills behind the dunes. They are still extremely popular. I took my FJ 40 there before I sold it earlier this year.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Sky Water

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I’ve had several. Would love another. One of my dream builds would be a ghia with a Jake Raby built type 4. More realistic would be a bug with a healthy type 1 engine. They are all a lot of fun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We moved out from Colorado to Texas 20 years ago. I had a 1961 VW Bug custom. 2276 motor. I had a double transport bring it out. Well it arrived with a big V shaped crease across the roof. The transport driver said he hit a pothole on I-20. The bug came loose and hit the cross member. 15k later the Bug was never the same. They couldn’t match the paint scheme. Had some great memories of my kids helping work on it.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Found the right axle boot is leaking, so gonna take a look at it tomorrow. We were in the mood for a sherbet so I got the ‘Vette out of the garage and went down town to our favorite ice cream parlor. Funny how the Baja makes twice as much noise without the performance, but I sure as hell wouldn’t do broadies on the beach with the C1.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

21 - 32 of 32 Posts