Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have any manual transmission sponsors?? I've got a dead Richmond 6 speed that I am looking to replace! I want to go with another 6 speed, but I'd prefer to stay with my mechanical Centerforce clutch setup, Lakewood bellhousing, and driveshaft (although I know I may have to cut it down). Looking for something around a .62 overdrive.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I looked at the list, just didn't see anyone that was a "transmission specific" company, but wasn't sure if any of them maybe sold them.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
how much torque you getting out of that blown sbc? i'm running a 454 with a doug nash. i've had to replace a few bearings along the way. notably all of them on the cluster shaft and just now replacing the input bearing on the 4 gear to 5th main shaft. it's been a good transmission, had it for 6 plus years. took it apart about 3 times so far. the bbc is putting a hurting on it. so i figure your blown sbc must be atleast 500 ft lbs torque.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure about HP/Torque numbers on it. I've never dynoed it, but my guess is in the 400-500 HP range. It is not real radical. I think I remember hearing that Nash's and Richmonds were similar in many ways. Sounds like it from your problems and mine. I just got my Tremec T-56 today from American Powertrain - ordered it Friday morning!! Nothing like 2 day shipping even though I didn't even pay for it! The trans made it before the other parts, so I'm hoping they come in tomorrow. I'm getting the flywheel resurfaced tomorrow and hopefully will start the install tomorrow! I can't say enough about American Powertrain and the customer service I was given. On the other hand there is Motive Gear who just told me "you are SOL!" They wouldn't help me out in any way, shape, or form and didn't even call me back! I will be making sure they know how I feel.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The main shaft, 4th, and 6th gear are gone. Everything else is fine. I've already bought a Tremec T-56, so my plan is to get the Richmond back and try to fix it or part it out to recover some of my money. If I can't sell any of it, it will be made into an end table for my man cave!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts