Chuck

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not quite "the states", but the USVI are a territory of the US. :D

NOT a lot of roads to drive a Tri 5 on St. Johns. :D

Chuck
Plenty of road, just not quality roads...I did see a 56 4 door on St. Thomas the other day, but we're staying on St. John...I've seen a few old cars here though. There was a nice 66 Mustang and some old trucks....
Spending a few days getting my mind and body straight..Haven't had a vacation in over a year. I was getting a bit cagey and the wife thought I'd better get away for a bit...Unless I am forced to relax, I won't. Between the 40 hour job, the ranch, and the rentals I get pretty bogged down...

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I love the pristine, laid back atmosphere of St John. The wife and I were married on St Thomas and have spent twice spent 3 months sailing in both the U.S. and British Virgins.
We are going to take a sailing vacation with our dear friends next year for our 30th anniversary. Can't wait 2 blissful weeks in the warm tropics bobbin' n bakin'

Relax dude, grab a Red Stripe, a beach chair, kick back and put your toes in the water...let the stress fade away...your on island time, Mon!:)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Uh....where or what is that? :sign0020:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive
Mickey, to be precise St John is in the Caribbean and is a U.S Territory and along with the islands St Thomas and St Croix it makes up the U.S. Virgin Islands. 7,200 acres of land was once owned by John D. Rockefeller. He deeded it over to the U.S. with the stipulation it was to be used as a National Park and never sold off for development and most of the small island remains undeveloped, with few high rise beach hogging hotels or resorts. It sports pristine crystal clear water and great sugar sand beaches mostly at Cruz Bay or Coral Bay. Truly a tropical paradise. It is a little over 19sq miles, 7miles long x 3wide and very hilly and has a population around 4,500+. Few good roads but in a day, if you are fit, you can rent a bike or mo-ped and pretty much cover the whole island.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Know it well, I have taken 6 bareboat trips thru the US and BVI. Just love being anchored out in caneel bay watching the sun rise.

Matter of fact the whole area is just great. Have a great week. Since I can't be there have an extra beer for me too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts