Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
"so called trifivers"? So one has to completely drink the GM Kool-Aid and have blind brand loyalty to be a "real trifiver"? Give me a break LOL. They all make some good cars and they all make some junk. Smart move is to do your research and buy whatever brand/model works best for you, not to blindly be loyal to a corporation that doesn't care about you one bit. Brands love the "loyal" suckers who keep feeding them even when they make garbage.
You obviously don't live in Michigan lol 馃槀.
In Michigan you are ether GM, Ford or Chrysler
You pick one or are born into one brand and you stay that way. I have driven probably more different brand cars then anyone else on this sight. (26 year in rental car service) GM doesn't make the best cars, SUVs or trucks but it is the only brand I would ever bye. But to each their own.
Todd

Registered
You obviously don't live in Michigan lol 馃槀.
In Michigan you are ether GM, Ford or Chrysler
You pick one or are born into one brand and you stay that way. I have driven probably more different brand cars then anyone else on this sight. (26 year in rental car service) GM doesn't make the best cars, SUVs or trucks but it is the only brand I would ever bye. But to each their own.
Todd
No, I don't live in Michigan, but I know plenty of people who share that mindset. I just can't imagine being 'born in to a brand' and purposely paying your own hard earned money for something you know is worse because it has the right emblem. It can't be about "buy American" when other companies are using more American parts/labor while your company of choice has started importing Chinese cars, but putting the right badge on them.

Reactions: Crowbarman55

Registered
"so called trifivers"? So one has to completely drink the GM Kool-Aid and have blind brand loyalty to be a "real trifiver"? Give me a break LOL. They all make some good cars and they all make some junk. Smart move is to do your research and buy whatever brand/model works best for you, not to blindly be loyal to a corporation that doesn't care about you one bit. Brands love the "loyal" suckers who keep feeding them even when they make garbage.
They all make junk, you just have to pick the good models. I agree the current management at GM sucks. When I was growing up there was a saying "What good for General Motors is good for the country".

Registered
"so called trifivers"? So one has to completely drink the GM Kool-Aid and have blind brand loyalty to be a "real trifiver"? Give me a break LOL.
Agreed... For years GM was producing a ton of real junk, my buddie's Malibu blew it's head gasket around 40,000 miles (not uncommon for that engine he found out later). What like 2 decades of cheap all plastic/vinyl interiors (allot of that even made into their flagship lines like Cadillac and Corvette). No company deserves to survive if it drives itself into the ground..
Going back to my buddy, GM didn't owe him anything after 3 years/ 36,000 right? I don't owe them anything if all they are selling is junk now.
(BTW, I think GM really has turned itself around on allot of their cars.)

Premium Member
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Limited Longhorn ordered 9-22, might see it before January. I ordered my wife a 2022 Yukon XL Denali a few weeks ago, they say 5-6 months; both are diesels. My 2017 Ram 2500 is going to get me $1,000 more even at trade in value than I paid for it. I got $8,000 off MSRP on the Ram and $500 off on the Yukon, it鈥檚 a crazy market for sure. Most stealerships I talked to were adding from $3,000 to $10,000 to the MSRP, gotta shop around.

Registered
I've owned cars from all of the "Big 3" over the years. I've built Mopars, but won't ever do that again. The newest vehicle we own is my wife's 2001 Tahoe. I did an oil change Tuesday, it has 309,000 miles on it. Still runs fine, everything works, no leaks no smoke.
A couple of years ago I asked her if she wanted to get a new one. She refuses to pay that kind of money and told me if the engine in the Tahoe blew up, just put another one in it. $80,000 just seems crazy to both of us. I also have never bought a vehicle I couldn't see, feel and touch first.

Registered
I really like my 2005 Impala it has been a very good car for 155,000. I dislike new stuff and really dreaded finding a replacement for it. Then my brother in laws parents 1995 Buick Lesabre 3800 with 50,000 came available at a good price and I bought it sight unseen. Now I tag and insure two front wheel drive POS cars. They are all throw away cars. As far as trucks go I would consider a Super Duty but I am not through with my two 1987 GMC 4x4s yet. Back in the 80s and 90s a V8 Olds Cutlass 2ht was my choice in drivers. I have lost track of how many I owned, many were totals I bought and built, but not near all. I still have a 1985 with a 307 Olds roller cam V8 that has been in family since new. It still runs and drives great. You have to pick and choose your poison and what you can deal with because they ALL break.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts