Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if a decision has been made if the Western Invasion for 2021 will be cancelled or not?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Mel, I was going to post that very question this morning. I'm registered and have room reservations. The reason I'm wondering, other that obvious Covid stuff, is Good Guys already cancelled 3 shows in California for this year, as late as June.
My wife was looking forward to Del Mar, but it's cancelled (postponed to October). If Western Invasion is cancelled, that'll take us to October. We're not going to sit around and wait all year (again), we'll register for a Good Guys show like Salt Lake or Colorado.
It's 2 months way, I hope they let us know one way or another, soon!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I registered for the show that was cancelled last year, so that's been carried over to this year as well. Due to border restrictions, thanks again to COVID, I won't be able to go even if the show does go ahead. If it does cancel, I'm wondering if all those registrations will be carried over (again) until 2022?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I was registered from last year, too. Unfortunately, I just had a hip replaced, I'm not sure I can make it this year. It sure would be nice if they let us know either way.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts
Mel, I was going to post that very question this morning. I'm registered and have room reservations. The reason I'm wondering, other that obvious Covid stuff, is Good Guys already cancelled 3 shows in California for this year, as late as June.
My wife was looking forward to Del Mar, but it's cancelled (postponed to October). If Western Invasion is cancelled, that'll take us to October. We're not going to sit around and wait all year (again), we'll register for a Good Guys show like Salt Lake or Colorado.
It's 2 months way, I hope they let us know one way or another, soon!
I really doubt any shows will happen in Calif before June, especially at any State, County or City owned event center.

I like the idea of traveling out of state to one, maybe get a group of TriFives going to Salt Lake show???? I’d be in for the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
I really doubt any shows will happen in Calif before June, especially at any State, County or City owned event center.

I like the idea of traveling out of state to one, maybe get a group of TriFives going to Salt Lake show???? I’d be in for the trip.

I thought that with the salt lake show being the same weekend as my wedding anniversary my wife would object but she seemed up for it so who knows, I might be able to do that one.

Reactions: Randy 57

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Hmmm............my wife has explored the route, decided we should break the trip up in to 2 days up, 2 days back. From So. AZ, we'd go to Page Az the first day, on to SLC the next day. She's looked at hotels for the show, so she's ready if they cancel Western Invasion. Sounds to me like she's on board..........

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hmmmm....Just received the Danchuk March email newsletter. In the upcoming events schedule they list a few shows, including the Tri-Five Nationals in BG, but not the Western Invasion. If you go to the detailed listings, that show is listed with this disclaimer: "Tentative Depending on CA Regulations"
I'm thinking we're not going to be seeing the Western Invasion until 2022.

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Famoso raceway has been unwilling to post any kind of schedule this year at all. they suck at scheduling too.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts
Funny how it’s changed to tentative now. Bet it still says No Refunds though

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Does anyone know when the decision will be made? We're 7 weeks away from arriving there if it's happening.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts
On the FB page for Westcoast TriFives a member posted he called Woodys and they said it will go as scheduled.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Well, our hands are officially tied, The State of California has given us no choice but to once again postpone the Inaugural American Tri-Five Association Western Invasion, Presented by Danchuk. There is simply no path currently that will allow us to have the event at Famoso Dragstrip near Bakersfield, California. Currently Kern County (home of the event location) California is under the Red Tier of California’s color-coded system of reopening. Below are the current guidelines as set forth by the State of California for outdoor venues such as Famoso Dragstrip.

Red tier (“substantial” risk of infection)
  • Attendance at outdoor venues is limited to 20% capacity.
  • All attendees must be California residents.
  • Advance ticket reservations are required for all events.
  • Workers must be tested weekly.
  • Food and drink concessions must be delivered to guests in their seats or delivered to designated guest pickup areas.
  • Indoor concessions remain closed.
Orange tier (“moderate” risk of infection)
  • Venues must limit capacity to 33%. But if all guests show a negative test result within the 72 hours prior to attendance or show proof of full vaccination, venues can increase attendance capacity to 67%.
  • All attendees must be California residents with advance ticket reservations.
  • Workers must be tested weekly.
  • Food and drink concessions must be delivered to guests in their seats or delivered to designated guest pickup areas.
  • Indoor concessions remain closed, except for designated seating areas that can operate at 25% capacity.

Even in a best-case scenario our event will not be able to take place April 30- May 2. We have been working with the track, the county and the hotels and we have rescheduled the event for October 15-17, 2021. We are all saddened by these unfortunate and unavoidable postponements, but it is simply out of our hands. The State currently will not let us have this event as it is planned.

All pre-registered show cars, drag racers, commercial vendors and swap meet vendors will have their spaces and payments transferred to the rescheduled Inaugural ATFA Western Invasion, October 15-17, 2021.
There is nothing that we would rather be doing than being out there enjoying our classic Chevys with you all in California, but currently our hands are tied. We do look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in Bowling Green, August 12-14 for the 6th Danchuk Tri-Five Nationals. The great state of Kentucky and the fine folks in Bowling Green are welcoming us with open arms and we look very forward to getting back to the greatest Tri-Five Chevy event on the planet.

Christopher Sondles, President
Woody's Hot Rodz & The American Tri-Five Association

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Reactions: 56WagonJrStocker

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Glad to see the Nationals in Bowling Green’s a go in August. This is the first official notice I had seen. Pigeon Forge in May, Somernites in June and BG in August. Progress to getting back to normal but I figure this stuff is going to be around for awhile as a way to control!

Too bad about the Western Invasion for all you west coast guys.
Larry

1 - 20 of 42 Posts