Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,470 Posts
In my lifetime I have only been to California once or twice either as a layover or a work related overnight trip and a red eye return, so I have never really been to California and thus I have never been to Bakersfield. Being a child of the 70s Bakersfield was pretty legendary among the race car guys and so is sort of on the bucket list of hot rodding places to visit.

Couple that with the fact that I really enjoy this hobby and one of the things I have enjoyed the most is meeting quite a few of the guys here at the Nationals. There is no possible way that could have happened without that show, and its been a tremendous experience, at least for me, to be able to do that. There are quite a few guys here on the west coast that have not made it to the Nationals, people I would love to actually meet face to face. There are quite a few here who have made it to the Nationals who I would love to cross paths with again - Mel, Gary Fong, Randy, John, Rick, plenty of others. So even if the location is not ideal, the people I am meeting and hanging out with will be ideal! So on balance, its a positive for me and like I said before, by October, our country may be in pretty good shape with this virus. At least in better shape then we would be in late April/May.

I am a patient man and would rather be safe then sorry. No two ways about it for me.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
In my lifetime I have only been to California once or twice either as a layover or a work related overnight trip and a red eye return, so I have never really been to California and thus I have never been to Bakersfield. Being a child of the 70s Bakersfield was pretty legendary among the race car guys and so is sort of on the bucket list of hot rodding places to visit.

Couple that with the fact that I really enjoy this hobby and one of the things I have enjoyed the most is meeting quite a few of the guys here at the Nationals. There is no possible way that could have happened without that show, and its been a tremendous experience, at least for me, to be able to do that. There are quite a few guys here on the west coast that have not made it to the Nationals, people I would love to actually meet face to face. There are quite a few here who have made it to the Nationals who I would love to cross paths with again - Mel, Gary Fong, Randy, John, Rick, plenty of others. So even if the location is not ideal, the people I am meeting and hanging out with will be ideal! So on balance, its a positive for me and like I said before, by October, our country may be in pretty good shape with this virus. At least in better shape then we would be in late April/May.

I am a patient man and would rather be safe then sorry. No two ways about it for me.
God willing, I'll be there. Still recuperating from a hip replacement but, on the mend. A trip down to Bakersfield should be a lot easier than our trips back to Kentucky. Yes, I've heard Famosa is not the ideal location (lack of shade and dusty) but, hell, we drove from California to Kentucky and that wasn't dusty, dirty? We're not getting any younger, I'm just going to enjoy these as long as I can. My first test will be to attend Reno, NV's Hot August Nights. Dragsix, I know for a fact, John and I will be there.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts