Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,

I have a '57 2-door hardtop with what appears to be stock gas pedal and linkage from floor up thru firewall. My carb is an Edelbrock 1406 600-cfm on a 327 with 4-speed, stock ram horn manifolds, cam, etc. I have a CPP 500 steering box with power brake booster. Not that much of this matters, just telling you what I have in firewall/engine bay area. :)

My gas pedal and linkage looks to be stock. Pedal is fairly worn out.

With car turned off, hood up, and I manually open the linkage on the carb all the way back, looks to me like the back secondaries are only opening about 30% when car is "floored" via the linkage.

While I don't "yank" my car around and drive it hard and aggressively, I'm not happy with the linkage and especially the pedal. Not a racer by any means.

I was at Goodguys show this past weekend and saw the Lokar pedals. They are very nice.

Can any of you suggest a pedal and linkage up thru firewall to the top of engine where carb linkage connects?

Also, are there any holes to be drilled in firewall?

Thank you so much in advance for any and all help. :)

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Lokar pedal

A Lokar cable linkage takes one 5/16 hole in the firewall They also make a one inch extended model for tall manifolds.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Go Lokar and you will never go back to stock. Like driving a new car. Easy install. Go for it!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Are you sure your linkage is adjusted as much as needed? If you don’t have the swivel nut on the threaded rod adjusted as far back as possible (pulling the pedal up higher) without holding the throttle open (off idle) you won’t get the most travel possible. Also you could position swivel nut in a lower hole (closer to the throttle shaft) to increase its rotation with less linkage travel.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm a Holley guy so this question is to all the AFB/Edelbrock carb users. Aren't the secondaries on AFB's and Edelbrocks opened up from the mechanical limit to full open by an internal vacuum source, similar in concept to the Holley's external vacuum configuration? If so, what is being seen is correct.

A Lokar pedal and linkage setup was one of the first things I installed in my car, long before it was blown apart and redone.

PEDAL INSTALLED IN 2003

SINGLE FOUR

TUNNEL RAM

Same pedal, cable and ferrules as the single four. Had to fabricate a bracket at manifold to utilize the Lokar cable.

paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts