Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had a drainage problem if you want to call it that where a big giant double oak tree used to be. I had it cut down but rather then do what I asked and pop the stump out and fill the hole with dirt the tree monkey ground the stump and threw dirt over the top of it. We you can imagine how well that worked. So fast forward a few years and knuckles has had enough of having to use 4 wheel drive just to get back to the shop.
So I call a local supplier and get 6 tons of 3/4 stone delivered this morning. So I ask the driver to back through the gate and I said just raise you body and then pull forward. Figured it owuld save me a little work but oh now the excuse train comes rolling in full speed ahead. Oh I can't back in there I'll get stuck. I said what well where that tree used to be is too soft to support the weight of my truck. I pointed to the shop which is 30' from the gate and said hey how do you think that got there a helicopter? I said they backed a 45' flatbed trailer down the driveway right over that same low spot along with the 2 concrete trucks and a dump truck full of gravel for the base of the floor. Here come more excuses Oh well on these new trucks you can't open the gate and rive forward like that and let stone out like on the old trucks. I was well then why did they pt that little door in the tailgate then you know the one used when you feed asphalt into a paver box or what ever? Ok big excuse now Oh this truck is brand new and I don't want to scratch it up. I thought to myself its a freaking dump truck that goes on construction sites not a danged Ferrari. I said you know what I'm gonna be late for work just drop the damned stone. So the owner or dispatcher calls later on in the day to ask me when I want the two full loads delivered. I said I'll let you know but when you do send me your oldest beat up piece of crap and a driver who isn't full of excuses. He asked me why and I told him and all the guy could do was laugh and apologize.Yeah didn't help yours truly one bit when I was shoveling a 6 ton pile of rocks in the rain one bit....:sign0020:

So any of you drivers out there am I asking too much or what.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I backed my ten wheeler dump truck into some pretty bad spots on construction sights, but thats why we use ten wheelers,I think that driver did not have enough experience, hopefully you get a better drver next time.

·
Administrator
66,188 Posts
Some of these drivers still consider their toys as thier babies, didnt help your cause though, maybe he needs his first scratch or dent to get over the honey moon period :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts