Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I'd be suspicious of it being a blem, reconditioned or returned box or a Chinese copy.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Looks like the same chinese manufacturer who makes CPP box is selling these out of back door.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,022 Posts
So this is a copy of a Chinese copy? This is going to get interesting.
Why do you assume it's a copy. Many companies such as Westinghouse, GE, Maytag, ect. make products for Sears and puts Sears (Kenmore) name on it. It's probably made at the same plant without CPP cast on it.
Why would you consider buying a no-name box when you can get a CPP for $30 more with this statement on CPP's home page:
"All of our products carry a lifetime warranty." ..... http://www.classicperform.com/

·
Registered
37,246 Posts
It is interesting that the Ebay ad does not call it a CPP500 box. But it doesn't say it isn't one either. Why not call or email the seller and find out what they say?

$350 is a good price for a CPP500 box, typically the lowest price you see on Ebay is about $375, but I've seen lower.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
I am trying too figure out why John is worrying about it in the first place when he already has P/S :sign0020:

Rick

·
Premium Member
14,044 Posts
$350.00 and No warranty as stated in the description. Just say no!!

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just so you know , i am not considering this box . i already bought a CPP 500 box and it didn't work at all in my application so i sold it to a buddy. the configuration is such that it came right next to my #5 exhaust port to the point that you could not get a header in the gap.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I understand it's a 500 without their name for less. Looking at their feedback all buyers have been very happy with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts