Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had a sip of liquor for almost 30 years but I sure do enjoy a good a good "Virgin Mary" which I understand is a "Bloody Mary" without the booze... I'm always looking for the latest mix to try and the latest one is called "Hair Of The Dawg" Tastes better than it sounds... I like to have a stalk of celery or a dill pickle spear in mine as well as a couple of jumbo olives stuffed with blue cheese, hot peppers or pearl onion... Anybody recomend a good store bought mix or share a homemade receipe? Bottoms up;) Later, Dave

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I enjoy a good Bloody Mary on occasion, there is a "biker bar" named Cruisers not to far from me that if you get the right person, they make a good one. I like a pepper in mine, Cruisers puts a pickled bean in theirs.

Bottoms up:anim_32:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT A VIRGIN

Sorry Dave. My favorite cocktail is a Manhattan which is sweet vermouth and good old bourbon. Don't see as how you can make one without alcohol.

Don
I drank enough alcohol when I was younger that I am all caught up and then some... I really just enjoy the spicy tomatoe flavor... If I find myself at a function where there is an open bar it looks like Ol'e Dave is really putting them down but I don't have to keep looking in the rearview mirror on the way home and in the morning, NO STINKING HANG OVER:)... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I sure like CEASARS , vodka ,clamato, worchestershire sauce tabbasco and lime topped with a pickled bean and cellery stick with salt and peppered rim, Mmmm ! SICK OF BEER !!! YUK !!!
Not much of a drinker anymore, but i do enjoy 1 or 2 now and again and virgin ceasers taste great also.
I have bar tending books and like to make something new now and again, and have a fully stocked bar that just sit's collecting dust, mostly just for company as i like to be a good host, MODERATION IS THE KEY TOO ENJOY THE SPIRITS !

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
NOPE Drinking is one vice i never took up. My drink of choice is sweet tea.:D
Terry
1. an immoral, wicked, or evil habit, action, or trait
2. habitual or frequent indulgence in pernicious, immoral, or degrading practices
3. a specific form of pernicious conduct, esp prostitution or sexual perversion
4. a failing or imperfection in character, conduct, etc. smoking is his only vice
5. (Medicine / Pathology) Pathol obsolete any physical defect or imperfection
6. a bad trick or disposition, as of horses, dogs, etc.

This is the deffinitions I got from a Google search and none of these are any reflection to me having a Bloody Mary. Drinking is not a vice, perhaps over indulging in drink could lead to a vice, I don't know. But I strongly dissagree when some one inferrs I have a vice if I have a couple of drinks.
Jim

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
1 quart Motts Clamato or Beefamato juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 dashes texas pete hotsauce
1 shake celery salt

Shake well and let sit in Refrig for a couple of hours.

Good with or without Vodka

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.