Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought another '56 Bel Air. I have no idea who makes this FI unit. I am more of the "more money than good sense" type. Surely somebody knows what this is.

·
Registered
37,258 Posts
No expert on this, but Arizona Speed and Marine used to sell (may still) a modified RamJet 350 EFI/intake made to look like the old Rochesster mechanical fuel injection with a side mount throttle body and replica air cleaner.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Still cheaper than a Rochester 57, 58, or 59 I hear, Mike.

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
Arizona Speed & Marine Superjet. They start with a GM Ramjet and move the throttle body to the side.
That is incorect. this is an all new casting with ramjet components added. it is a nice looking unit though and performes well if tuned properly.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Arizona Speed developed a very popular Superjet system for Vortech heads, available for Ramjet 350, ZZ4, ZZ5 and ZZ383 crate engines
so that means no small block chevy? :(

that's too bad. That looks very cool

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
fits any small block chevy engine with vortec heads (96-99)

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
More pics from the car itself? The looks nice and clean :congrats:

1,313 Posts
Yea I recognize it. It's one of many after market EFI units that forced me to the dark side. My entire LS1/4l60e drive train with very low miles cost way less. I can live with the ugly part of the dark side. That is a way cool looking unit but out of my price range as they all are.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Cloners Pay Attention!!

I know this is an older thread but I just read it. Very cool idea. Here's a 57 Black Widow Cloner with the 350 Ramjet set up and it sold at Mecums last year for $51 G's!!! I may consider getting rid of the 327 with 57 dual 4 setup in favor of this unit........... then I could put on the "Fuel Injection" emblems!!

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I just read it. Very cool idea. Here's a 57 Black Widow Cloner with the 350 Ramjet set up and it sold at Mecums last year for $51 G's!!! I may consider getting rid of the 327 with 57 dual 4 setup in favor of this unit........... then I could put on the "Fuel Injection" emblems!!
Was the air cleaner made for this setup?? I can't find it anywhere I'm seriously thinking about saving up for this setup !!

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
1,971 Posts
I saw that car on Ebay a few months ago, and seem to remember it being for sale in Arizona......REALLY REALLY REALLY nice car. You got a gem Dave. Post some pics and show it off!!

Ace

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yep, it appears to be the exact same car!! Same color booster too!! Anything wrong with it Dave??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts