Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never messed with any 150 series 55s. My buddy has aquired one thats STRIPPED! Its a 4 door 55 150. What we need to see is pics of original style seats(patterns) and door panels to show the upholstery shop so they can duplicate close to stock. A good dash shot would be good also. Was all the bezels in the dash clear plastic? I've seen some of them mixed with BelAir styled bezels. We don't even know what the stainless looks like for the door panels! Don't even know if they had door panel stainless trim on the 150s. I've been messing with 55s for years and thought I knew it all :sign0020: This 150 series has me scratching my head :D It has an inside rear view mirror base thats silver instead of chrome. Stock? Somebody school me on all the 150 specifics please.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
Scratching my head too Hafrod :confused0006:....My first thought was Ciadella.....However, they only have 210 and Belair.

·
Registered
95 Posts
150 55 4 door

Hi, I have a 55 150 4 door sedan. The 150's trim code was # 500. They all had this trim and had no door panel trim, mine has no ash tray, no radio, non deluxe heater, no lighter. It also has no chrome around the windows and special window cranks with no chrome on the knobs.Hope This helps [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cigarrette lighter delete??? Is it a cover for the hole in the dash? Did they even have the hole in the dash for a lighter?

·
Registered
651 Posts
The lighter delete is a little round plug that covers that hole, also if it didnt come with a heater it should have a heater control delete plate along with a heater motor delete on the firewall, the radio delete if no radio, and also i think they didnt come with a passenger side sunvisor, and i know there was another one with no rear window cranks, and all the dash knobs are black with no chrome trims on it and no bezel

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone got one of these plugs for sale?

·
Registered
95 Posts
55 150's

Hi, I do not have any spare 150 parts. The classic chevy club, chevy classic's mag has a feature of my 55's in the May 2010 issue shows some great shots of my 150. Its shows the correct black knobs on the dash, original interior redone. The 150s all came with a gray dash also and special 150 steering wheel.1955chevyman

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All 150s had a gray dash? I very badly need some reference pics. I don't have the magazine. He's wanting to restore it to original specs. My buddy has not brought the car home yet. Its one state over on his uncles property and I'm dying to see this car. He seen it over a year ago and said it has lots of missing parts. Hood, grill, one fender, and all the dash stuff is gone but he got it for free. We already got a hood and fender locally and I gave him a complete glove box lid, passenger dash bezel with a clock delete, and a radio delete plate. HELP me with some pics gang. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts