Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this question has posted before. Was thinking about doing the LED tailight conversion for my 1955 210. I haven't seen any on a tri-five in person and was wondering if anyone here have them and any opinions on them would be appreciated. Thanks in advance....

487 Posts
The Technostalgia are the best and the brightest. Easy to follow instructions and very easy to install. I have them in my '57 and friends have them in they 55's & '56's. You can actually see them in bright sunlight. Stay away from the "Cheap" ones and the LED bulbs don't change much from the 1157's (IMO). The "Tech's" DO NOT require a "No Load" flasher.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I don't have the LED taillights in my 57, but I did consider getting them. When I spoke with one of the sellers at the Good Guys show, he said they were brighter when you looked at them head on (directly from behind) but were more difficult to see from the sides. I'm not sure if this helps your decision, since it seems that most people looking at your taillights are behind you, but you may want to take a look at your taillights from a side angle to see how bright they are from the side. Then compare them to the LED conversion. Just my 2 cents...if it's even worth that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts