Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a 62-64 impala SS 4 speed console in their tri-five? If so do you have photos and any installation tips? Will they fit?

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I've got one. At least I was told this is what it was.

Sorry. No photos of it my car. :eek:

I guess I could put it in my 150 Wagon, snap a photo or two and post them? Since the Wagon is the most similar to my first car then the other '57s are.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Has anyone installed a 62-64 impala SS 4 speed console in their tri-five? If so do you have photos and any installation tips? Will they fit?

Thanks

Don
The 62 is a lot different than the 64... Can't remember about the 63... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Hey Don,Send the console to me.I'll put it in the 56 , take pictures and send em to you.:sign0020:

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Don't have on yet....Got the seats...love the Look of the console They ain't cheap but I'm thinking I want one! Just looked on e-bay I guess it's the 64 I'm wanting.
Don

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Those I've seen @ swap meets were in the $400 range. That's how I know mine's suppose to be a '64 model.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I believe 63 and 64 are the same. I have a 64 in mine but it is an automatic with a hurst quarter stick. I have not finished the top trin plate yet but the console fit nice. I just drilled through the bottom of the console and nut and bolted it to the floor. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
I believe 63 and 64 are the same. I have a 64 in mine but it is an automatic with a hurst quarter stick. I have not finished the top trin plate yet but the console fit nice. I just drilled through the bottom of the console and nut and bolted it to the floor. Here are a couple of pics.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Okay then, I stand corrected! :D I found mine on ebay, Alot of them were listed as 63 & 64. But I an NOT an expert by any means.

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Sorry! I was just showing the diff. :|

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry! I was just showing the diff. :|
Don't be sorry,you were right and I'm wrong. Like I said I'm no expert. I like learning something new all the time! All of these cars are a little older than me so the only way I have learned about them is by looking and talking to other people about them. Sorry if I came off on the wrong foot.

JB.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...could it be the only difference is one is a Stick and one is an Automatic. I wonder if the stick is the same for both years (and the auto). Anyone have a comparison between stick consoles of a 63 an 64???

·
Registered
845 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...could it be the only difference is one is a Stick and one is an Automatic. I wonder if the stick is the same for both years (and the auto). Anyone have a comparison between stick consoles of a 63 an 64???
No pictures but the 4speed consoles are different from a '63 to a '64. The '62 has a console but a plate on the floor not one piece.:tu

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The ones I've seen on e-bay for the 4 speed cars ( $490.00 WOW!) have a boxed area on the left side of the console for the 4 speed shifter. I'm wondering how that hole lines up for the shifter on a tri-five. I already have the bench seat shifter installed which I don't mind changing for a straight Hurst shifter, but I'm wondering about the location of the hole in the console lining up with the hole in the floor. Anyone know?

Don

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Looks like I own a '64 auto console. And a '6x something stick console.

Not sure how the auto console lines up with a floor shifted auto trans in a Classic Chevy.

But the stick console was in my first car for years and a '57 Delivery for years before that.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The same console was used for both 4-speed and Powerglide Impala SS cars in 1963. The only difference was the shift indicator plate.

In 1964 4-speed cars used a different console than automatic cars. I saw '55 years ago equipped with a 1964 SS 4-speed console and bucket seats. It also used the 1964 round “T-handle” shifter. It looked really good. Here are some pictures of a 1964 console:

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Those I've seen @ swap meets were in the $400 range. That's how I know mine's suppose to be a '64 model.
Theres on on CL here.The owner wants $1000 for the console & matching seats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts