Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone into 1/18 diecast? I got to admit that I have a real sickness. I have modelers take new models and modify them. Hopefully is a 57 Chevrolet Gasser that I had a Modeler make using a Highway 61 diecast. Opp's the picture didn't appear. I'll try again.

Wedwagon

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok...I used Fookes Easy Thumbnail and regardless of the setting I use it says it exceeds what is allowed. Dseale4888, if you read this.....help!!!! I really have a outragous diecast 57 Chevrolet Gasser.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I've got a small collection....Mostly either cars I now have or have had in the past.My brother in law has several hundred!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I love the die cast cars!
I have approximately 35 cars of all brand's and scale's. I collect all three years of classic Tri Fives, Old Nova's, and NHRA Pro-stock. I admit it......you can find me in the toy section of most large retail stores looking for die cast cars. This summer I made and installed garage cabinets. I did plan,and build, one cabinet just for the Die cast collection.

Tom

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
I do have some 1:18 scale models. Mostly GM muscle cars and a few others that i would love to own the real thing. Last count i believe i had 62 die casts.
Terry

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Wedwagon,
I'm into modeling too, not diecast but I'm currently working on an 1/8 scale 57 2dr Hardtop that I'm modifying to be an exact replica of my 57. I grew up building and mostly crashing R/C Model airplanes and Racing R/C Boats. I still have all my stuff but haven't had the time to mess with any of it.

Dave

Twin Blown 57:D

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, what did you have to do? I've played with the fool thing to no avail. But that's what I was talking about...thanks

Wedwagon

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What setting did you use...I have been trying some really low numbers.
The modeler that built this hand made the straight axle, leaf springs, headers, roll bar, even the cap on the moon tank is had made. The motor is a big block with of course fuel injection.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
160 Posts
Got to admit, I've got a bit of a weakness for collecting 1/18 scale diecast models. Got 15 on the bookcase/model case in the lounge. Most of them are 50's cruisers. Also got 3 1/24 scale plastic kitset models on the go. They're the cars that I tinker with in the winter in front of the fire when it's too cold out in the garage.

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
I have only bought 1 die cast in the past year or so. I believe i have around 64 or so now. I`m out of room for them so no more unless it is a real sweet 57 sedan.:D
Terry

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey guys, I got a few realy cool Matchbox 1/18th scale, I have a 57 Nomad, and two 57 Chevy 150 2 door sedans. One looks like "Grandpa's" car, the other is a street rod. I also have a 56 convertible. I have others as well, but I will only mention the trifives. I have got several in plastic as well, along with a bunch of 1/24th scale and 1/64th scale. I need to build me a hobby room to display them all. I keep my trifives out all the time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why are 56 Chevies so hard to find? I need to get on ebay.
I have been collecting for years. My wife gets flustered with me when I get in the toy isles. I will spend an hour looking through the Hottwheels and Marchbox cars. When she says it's time to go, I simply say "I'm not done yet dear." (Payback for having to shop with her for clothes):D

I have a passion for all cars and trucks. I love to collect them. Unfortunately the real ones are just too expensive. So I look for the smaller scale stuff.

Here are a couple of my 57's in diecast....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts