Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for trucks avail on the market? I have been monkeying with mine and am either going to fabricate it myself or maybe purchase one if it is available. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas. Some of those ones that are pre-fabbed look so weird with the big square cutouts that I am having a hard time imagining how it will look under the hood. I am still mulling over how we are going to do mine, but for sure want it to be cleaned up and uncluttered. Thanks again.

Ken

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yo Bam....I am in your part of the world tonight (Ontario). The weather out here is SWEET right now! Fly airplanes for a living and get to see alot of this beautiful country of ours. Headed back home tomorrow....gotta get back on that truck before the weather takes a turn for the worse.

Ken

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Yeah the weather was great today, what can I say that's why we live here.lol Hotrodding is all year long out here its just wonderful, now if we can only keep the government off our backs (trying to make us smog old cars) we will be okay. Here is what I did to my firewall.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet! Did you cut the original one out or did you just weld the smooth one on top of it and build it up? Looks nice!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I removed the lip first then I use poster board to trace the pattern for what I was going to cut out. I took the poster board and traced the pattern the 18 gauge sheetmetal. Took the pattern made in the 18 gauge metal as a template for the firewall cut out and cut it out and welded the smooth metal in.

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bam

I have a nice garage in New Jersey if your looking for a spot to park your 55 while you work on your truck.That way it won't get scratched or covered with dust,i'll keep it fueled and waxed for you.

:D

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Bam

I have a nice garage in New Jersey if your looking for a spot to park your 55 while you work on your truck.That way it won't get scratched or covered with dust,i'll keep it fueled and waxed for you.

:D
lol. You used your first post for me to ask you a question. Are you crazy? Man I consider that a compliment so thank you, but no thanks.lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Firewall

There are 57 or 58 holes in the firewall. I cut pieces and welded them in each hole. I think it looks better and a lot neater. Took a lot of time and patience but with a real satisfying result. That and knowing I did it myself.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I removed the lip first then I use poster board to trace the pattern for what I was going to cut out. I took the poster board and traced the pattern t 18 gauge sheetmetal. Took the pattern made in the 18 gauge metal as a template for the firewall cut out and cut it out and welded the smooth metal in.

I hope that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense. I have already started the smoothing process on the left side (passenger) but was just wondering about the pre-fab. Guess I am getting frustrated or lazy. Anyhow guys...thanks for all the inputs. Nice looking stuff out there, just wish I was done with this cab. It has become my Waterloo...lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts