Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
76 trans am 400 v-8 , 4 - speed car , it runs and drives but needs restored. $5000

also have a 1973 corvette , no motor or trans. $3500

Attachments

·
Registered
65,640 Posts
more info, pics and even location might help. cool looking trans am. :anim_25:

·
Registered
6,916 Posts
I think Pontiac was one the last car manufacturers who tried to build decent cars in the mid seventies. Most others were pretty anemic to say the least...76 mustang vs. 400/4 speed trans am...:)
Those cars are gaining value for sure.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Those are and can be very nice looking cars. I have even liked some 1980 Trans Am's I've seen too.

It's half way rare to find one like the OP's that doesn't have the dumb T-tops, like this excellent example.

An 80,

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Those are and can be very nice looking cars. I have even liked some 1980 Trans Am's I've seen too.

It's half way rare to find one like the OP's that doesn't have the dumb T-tops, like this excellent example.

An 80,

What is wrong about t-tops? I had 80 Z28 and I loved them:):bowtier:.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
What is wrong about t-tops? I had 80 Z28 and I loved them
Eventually most of them start leaking, like the sunroofs did. Plus at some point they start to squeak, and also there’s the wind noise thing with most of them once that other stuff starts. Some might even complain about the structural integrity lost too.

Once done it’s mostly too late and expensive to fix too. Finding one without that modification is fairly rare as stated.

For those that like all that, I respect the interest, but I bought a brand new 91 Camaro for wife, and she wanted that. Needless to say I had to spend far too much time dealing with that stuff. Finally sold the car to a neighbor for his kid. The kid got in a really bad side impact with it. The car was so twisted it was crushed. Can’t say for sure that the T-tops had any effect, but just common sense said so to me. The kid was hurt really bad too BTW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts