Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any feedback on Right Stuff brake kits?

I've been looking at disc brake kits for a while now. I'm ready to bite the bullet and buy a kit. I plan on buying a kit from Right Stuff. I haven't been able to find much feedback on here one way or the other about these kits.

They are located only about an hour from me, and will have a booth at a nearby swap meet this weekend.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I spoke with them at the Moultrie, Ga swap meet this past spring and they gave me a "show" price of around 550.00. This included stainless lines all the way to the back wheels.
This was front disk setup complete. Have not made the move yet because of the cost of new wheels. I have 14's and they told me I would have to change to 15's. Hope to give it a shot after the first of the year again.

Let me know if you go with Right Stuff and how they work out
Nick:party0031:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,206 Posts
Actually, think I would support one of our sponsors first---Pirate Jack, CPP, Danchuck, and Mutton Hollow....All can fix you up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have been really good to talk to on the phone to answer my questions. I have heard many good things about their kits on other types on cars. And I am leaning towards them because they are based real close to me, so I will be supporting a local vendor(and no shipping).

Swap meet starts tomorrow. I probally won't make it until Saturday. Danchuk usually has a Semi truck full of parts there, I will stop in and talk to them also.

Thanks agian for all of your input!

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
1,961 Posts
I bought and installed their kit for 14" wheels. Actually I bought it from an ebay seller (Matt's bowties). Matt's bought their kits from "Right Stuff", and Right Stuff bought their kits from ABS Power Brake (who i belive is the source manufacturer.) Their front brake kit was ZERO offset, and fit inside my original 14" wheels, and they have performed great.

Sad part of the story is that ABS Power Brake is 1/2 hour from my house, and it would have cost me $250 less to buy it directly from them (avoiding mark-up and shipping) .......live and learn!! (do your research FIRST)

Both ABS Power Brake and "The Right Stuff" have been in business a long time and have good reputations.

Ace

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info Ace! They offer pretty good "Show Discounts". I'll most likely pick up a kit with drop spindles from them tomorrow!

Thanks agian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts