Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Otis (or someone) considered getting a trifive.com app? I don't know what is involved, I was just curious. I would use it . :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
App for what? My $5 no-contract Tracfone picks up the full site just fine.

I'm typing on this device right now.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
App for what? My $5 no-contract Tracfone picks up the full site just fine.

I'm typing on this device right now.
Good idea. Waiting for other comments as to yes or no. Mike

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Has Otis (or someone) considered getting a trifive.com app? I don't know what is involved, I was just curious. I would use it . :)
Will there is already a mobile version in the menu for you to use on phones.

I have to laugh at those that are so determined not to use technology, sure glad you guys were not incharge of deciding if we should stop riding horses and use cars:sign0020:

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will there is already a mobile version in the menu for you to use on phones.

I have to laugh at those that are so determined not to use technology, sure glad you guys were not incharge of deciding if we should stop riding horses and use cars:sign0020:
I know,I know, but it would sure be nice to pick up the smartphone, push one button (app) and your there, instead of press browser, type t r i f i v e, then goes to sites available, then hit the trifive.com, and then (finally) your in. ONE click instead of 10. :sign0020:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
I know,I know, but it would sure be nice to pick up the smartphone, push one button (app) and your there, instead of press browser, type t r i f i v e, then goes to sites available, then hit the trifive.com, and then (finally) your in. ONE click instead of 10. :sign0020:
Its only one click for me, no typing to hunting just goes right to bowtie-trifive when I touch the trifive icon, you must be over thinking it or something:sign0020:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Your smartphone should be saving your favorite sites somewhere or it isn't very smart.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Its only one click for me, no typing to hunting just goes right to bowtie-trifive when I touch the trifive icon, you must be over thinking it or something:sign0020:
Like Randy said, If you are on an Iphone, you can save any website as an icon, click on it, and it takes you right there.. :) Not sure of other types of phones, but I'm sure they are similar in function.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess I don't understand how that works, I don't have an I phone, I have a droid. Takes me awhile to figure out this tech-ee stuff. :)

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your smartphone should be saving your favorite sites somewhere or it isn't very smart.
I haven't figured out how to save favorites yet either. I'm slow but I eventually get there! :sign0020:

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I figured out favorites on my phone, so I have trifive.com as a favorite. Now I just hit favorites/trifive and I'm there. I'm happy. :)

Like I said I'm slow... :sign0020:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
I figured out favorites on my phone, so I have trifive.com as a favorite. Now I just hit favorites/trifive and I'm there. I'm happy. :)

Like I said I'm slow... :sign0020:
Slow but sure, your there now. I actually created a icon like Busy said so I just touch it to get there......but thats another lesson for another time:sign0020:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
An app designed for a particular site is way easier to use and navigate on smart phones. Make's reading and posting to threads a breeze and does not load all the graphics that takes up a lot of data usage from your smart phone plan. Just like if you use an for your bank, all the same info but formatted for the smaller screen for phones and tablets.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
An app designed for a particular site is way easier to use and navigate on smart phones. Make's reading and posting to threads a breeze and does not load all the graphics that takes up a lot of data usage from your smart phone plan. Just like if you use an for your bank, all the same info but formatted for the smaller screen for phones and tablets.
That's a lot of programming work because each operating system and sometimes devices within that o/s needs their own site and they all have to be maintained/updated and created as new devices come on the market. Right now I can think of 4 major cell phone device o/s: Java ME (the most common), Android, MS mobile and Apple. Then there are versions/subgroups of each. As far as using air time, none is used when you transmit through a mobile WiFi router (typically costing $10 over ebay or $50 at WalMart). That's how I keep my mobile costs down to around $10/month - by just using the device for a phone unless or until I'm at a hotspot or can plug my mobile router in.

If there was an app, my effort to access an abbreviated version of this site would be reduced by one button push. Not a lot of return or possibly negative return for the effort. The commercial apps for my device are investments in a bid for advertising space on my screen. Other apps either cost me something or are worthless. So first there needs to be a programming team made up of folks familiar with each o/s. Who's going to underwrite this effort?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts